Water Heater Bypass Valve

crmfghtr

Hi Everyone,
Leaving on a trip next week and while getting the rig ready I noticed the water heater bypass valve is leaking water I need a replacement valve ASAP. The bypass valve is in the UDC (2013 Key Largo) source to purchase factory type valve ? has 1/2" pex line 2 cold 1 hot

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Hi Everyone,
Leaving on a trip next week and while getting the rig ready I noticed the water heater bypass valve is leaking water I need a replacement valve ASAP. The bypass valve is in the UDC (2013 Key Largo) source to purchase factory type valve ? has 1/2" pex line 2 cold 1 hot

Don't know what your timing is but you could order one from Heartland. If you need really fast, try a RV parts store near you.

jbeletti

Swan Industries make a decent 3-way (bypass) valve with a plate for UDC mounting - but, seems they are closed for a few days. They closed their Amazon store too. I too would recommend any RV dealer or service center.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You could temporarily plug both ends until you can get a new valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

Mine had a hair line crack in it, and leaked very small amounts over time. I had to call heartland service and order a new one. The OE black plastic unit is made by B&B and I couldnt find it anywhere else except from heartland. It was like $45. I did also find the SWAN unit on amazon, and its a brass unit.

eddylives

Take the plunge and replace them all with sharkbite valves
Built to last with a 20 25 yr warranty.......and easy to put in,,,,I did mine in less than 30 min(when one valve failed this spring).....just do yourself a favor and buy the tool to remove the sharkbite fittings just in case you need it

two tee's and two valves the tool to remove and a length of pipe for less than $80 ca at home depot

crmfghtr

Ordered factory type from Heartland (Pricey I don't think they gave me the club discount, $75.00 delivered 2 days). After the trip I'm going to change it to shark bite. The rubber washer for the ice maker water connection is bigger than a normal hose washer. Is that available at HD? anyone know

divedreamer

I am looking for the same replacement. Did you find one to order or did you get it from Heartland? If so did you use customer service number. Do it yourself or hire someone? I will attempt, but just had hip replacement surgery 10 days ago and would need tools and fittings etc, Thanks. Brad