Water Keeps Leaking From Tanks Possibly

6.7LMegaCab

Heartland must think their tanks are indestructible.

How are they replaced and properly secured post manufacturing?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

danemayer

Heartland must think their tanks are indestructible.

How are they replaced and properly secured post manufacturing?

I'm sure like everything else in the manufacturing process, it's oriented toward efficiency. Tanks don't typically have to be replaced so making them easy to replace probably isn't very high on the list of design considerations. I'd guess the most frequent cause of a cracked tank would be from contents freezing.

There may be someone who has replaced their fresh tank and will chime in with what they did.

Oldelevatorman

Had the same problem. Anderson sent us a free one and so did Heartland so I have a spare. One of the 'o' rings was mangled. We also installed a check valve at the pump but sure it was the Anderson valve! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.7LMegaCab

Yeah I can understand that.

I definitely don't think water has frozen in it since we bought it. The coldest place we've been with it was in Alamogordo, NM in December. We had to shut off the city connection and drain the hose at night because it would freeze. We ran off the tanks with no issues until the afternoon when the hose bib would thaw out and reconnect to the city.

It very well may have cracked while traveling with water in it, sadly.

6.7LMegaCab

Had the same problem. Anderson sent us a free one and so did Heartland so I have a spare. One of the 'o' rings was mangled. We also installed a check valve at the pump but sure it was the Anderson valve! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lucky! I haven't had a chance to call Anderson yet, but maybe they'll hook me up. I'll look into the check valve for the pump.

Just before installing the ball valve, I checked again to see if water was leaking past and sure enough, it wasn't.