Water leak near front of 2015 North Trail 22FBS

Hi There,
I just wanted to ask all, this is the second year we camped in our 2015 North Trail 22FBS, and this year we have found a small amount of water on the driver side night stand. I can find anything above to show where it is coming from. Except a small amount on the outside of the closet. Nothing inside the closet at all. I have a fiberglass cap on this unit and I dont see anything on the roof to indicate a possible leak point. Any others have this problem? Thank you so much.

jerryjay11

You haven't said you had any rain and it not then it may be condensation collecting. I've had this issue with our camper bedroom once. Thought it was a roof leak but found no evidence of it. Condensation can come from many sources including your breath. You may not see this moisture during the warmth of the day, but at night when it cools down it can condense on cooler surfaces. I have a small electronic dehumidifier that I use to remove excess moisture.

wdk450

Other Rvers have reported that using some toilet paper to wipe down suspect areas detects small amounts of water where you can't see it visually.

If this is not believed to be weather related, and the air conditioner has been running lately, you may want to tighten the air conditioner mounting bolts to tighten the "squeeze" on the rooftop air conditioner mounting gasket. 4 bolts on the corners of the inside plate (under the plastic vent trim piece) should only be tightened medium tight, just enough to compress the hard foam gasket slightly. The gasket usually compresses some with time and road bumps.

If it IS believed to be weather (rain) related, there is a service offered by a number of franchised RV servicers that uses special equipment to build up air pressure within the Rv, then bubble solution is applied to the exterior to identify the leak paths. See: https://rvleaks.com/

Hi Jerry
With regards to rain, we picked up from the storage location and when we got home, we noticed that small amount of water on the closet. It did rain a couple nights before we picked it up. But looking more closely I can't seem to see where it is coming in (if it is rain or maybe it is condensation) We are going camping this week and I will try and watch to see if it happens again. Thank you for replying!

I have a 2018 mallard m26, bought used. Noticed a soft spot on the passenger side night stand but for the life of me could not find the leak and where it was coming from. Drove me crazy. Few days later I accidentally left the ac running on 68 all day, came home to find a larger than normal water spot where the run off comes off the roof. Well there was also water going down the side of the trailer onto the bedroom window. Lo and behold there was the leak. The sealant around the window had started to crack letting in water from the outside. The walls inside weren’t damaged, so that’s why I thought the leak was originally from underneath.
Soooo, long story short, check your window seals. I put a new seal and sealant.

I have a 2018 mallard m26, bought used. Noticed a soft spot on the passenger side night stand but for the life of me could not find the leak and where it was coming from. Drove me crazy. Few days later I accidentally left the ac running on 68 all day, came home to find a larger than normal water spot where the run off comes off the roof. Well there was also water going down the side of the trailer onto the bedroom window. Lo and behold there was the leak. The sealant around the window had started to crack letting in water from the outside. The walls inside weren’t damaged, so that’s why I thought the leak was originally from underneath.
Soooo, long story short, check your window seals. I put a new seal and sealant.
Thank you!