Water not running right?

Hi all, First post so bear with me please. I'm hoping that I put this in the right place, lol. We have a 2020 Mallard M301. During all the nasty weather our water quit running. First the hot water than the cold. We had the propane furnace on the entire time along with the electric water heater. Now that it has warmed back up I have absolutely no water pressure. When I first turn the water on it runs good, but after about a minute it starts slowing till it's a trickle. I can hear the pump running, but nothing. Any ideas before I make an appointment with our dealership? Thanks everybody.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You mention that you hear the pump running so I'm assuming that you are getting your water from your fresh water tank.
First, are you sure that you have water in your tank?
If you froze up there are a couple possible problems.
The ice may have cracked a fitting on your tank, possibly the drain valve, and you lost all of your water.
Next is that you may have cracked the filter bowl on the pump and now it's sucking air. Check it out.
Check those things out and circle back.
Other users may chime in with other ideas. Stay tuned.

Peace
Dave

CoveredWagon

My guess is the fresh water tank is empty. If you are getting some water at fisrt, I believe that a small amount of water left in the tank is getting to the pump pickup and the being sucked dry.

wdk450

I have had minor freeze-ups overnights here in the So Ca. mountains at 3500 feet. Do you have city water connections?

When I had a freeze up I started at the city water faucet, and checked if I could get any flow there. I didn't, and used a heat gun for about 3 minutes to clear the ice in the faucet valve. My plan was to work my way towards the sink faucets. checking for flow at each disconnect point (i.e. filters inlet, filters outlet, UDC hose connection, et cetera) and using the heat gun if necessary to clear the ice in the lines.