Water pressure in sink/ shower not strong anymore after I opened blue and red valves underneath.

Claybr6

The water pressure in all of my sinks and showers is close to nothing. It has been great for months. When we left our camp ground yesterday, I thought that if I opened the blue and red line underneath the belly, then I could slowly drain out some fresh water while we were driving. Since I did that, the water pressure has been very bad. It seems like those two lines were holding pressure or something. I also noticed that there was another blue line just by itself a few feet away from the two lines I opened. Maybe it was that line I should have opened? Does anyone know what I should do to get water pressure back? I own a Cyclone 4005 HD edition. Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10

pjones1969

All valves should be closed when you have your water hooked up, the red and blue that are together are low point drains, the single blue is a fresh water tank drain

Claybr6

Okay so that blue one that’s alone would be if I wanted to let some out of my fresh water tank. Just so confused.why the water pressure is so low after I opened the two low point drains that are together.

rhodies1

Once you open those drains the pressure in the system is no longer,they need to be closed in order for pump or city connection to drive water to your fixtures.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The only times you need to open those two low point drain valves are if you are winterizing or need to cut a plumbing line to repair it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaplady

Check your inline screens at water inlet hose connections. I found mine clogged up changed it higher pressure returned

taskswap

Check your screen inside the faucet as well. Mineral deposits can be like plaque in your arteries. They can sit there for years then a sudden change causes them to break free and cause havoc "downstream". Draining your system would have emptied the lines and the inrush of water when you refilled them could have dislodged something.

Typically the faucet is super easy to check by just unscrewing the hose from the back of it.

Hollandt

The water pressure in all of my sinks and showers is close to nothing. It has been great for months. When we left our camp ground yesterday, I thought that if I opened the blue and red line underneath the belly, then I could slowly drain out some fresh water while we were driving. Since I did that, the water pressure has been very bad. It seems like those two lines were holding pressure or something. I also noticed that there was another blue line just by itself a few feet away from the two lines I opened. Maybe it was that line I should have opened? Does anyone know what I should do to get water pressure back? I own a Cyclone 4005 HD edition. Thank you!
You really did not indicate whether you were using the on board tank and pump or the direct connect to the water. Based on the fact that you indicated you were draining the fresh water on board I assume you were using the on board pump. There is a small filter on the inlet side of the pump. When I purchased my RV the previous owner had not kept any chlorine(bleach) in the fresh water tank and thus it had a slimy growth in it. It took me several flushes with strong chlorine content to get the growth out of the tank and under control. During this time I repeatedly had to clean this inlet filter on the pump as it would become clogged with the slime. when this happened the water flow available was drastically reduced.

Et1958

Okay so that blue one that’s alone would be if I wanted to let some out of my fresh water tank. Just so confused.why the water pressure is so low after I opened the two low point drains that are together.
Opening those 2 valves are just like opening 2 faucets. The more open, the less pressure. Leave those closed until you nned to winterize .