Water pump constantly runs on battery power but shuts off correctly on AC power?

Digger55

When water pump is switched on under AC power, it operates correctly and shuts off off when not in use. When switching to DC power, it works but does not shut off when in standby mode (not operating a faucet) and remains running constantly. Any suggestions to diagnose and fix? Thanks in advance for your input!

Hollandt

When water pump is switched on under AC power, it operates correctly and shuts off off when not in use. When switching to DC power, it works but does not shut off when in standby mode (not operating a faucet) and remains running constantly. Any suggestions to diagnose and fix? Thanks in advance for your input!
The only reason I can think off that could possible cause this is if you have a residential fridge and the icemaker is continuing to fill when there is no 120 volt service? I guess a clothes washer could also have something strange going on also when not under 120 volt power?

Digger55

The only reason I can think off that could possible cause this is if you have a residential fridge and the icemaker is continuing to fill when there is no 120 volt service? I guess a clothes washer could also have something strange going on also when not under 120 volt power?
Thank you for your response. I probably should have added more detail regarding the unit. M33 Mallard with basic fridge/no ice maker and no dishwasher or clothes washer/dryer. Only thing I have considered is the battery level reached a lower level not allowing full operation for a pressure switch or prime or something related to the difference in power source?

Dahillbilly

Thank you for your response. I probably should have added more detail regarding the unit. M33 Mallard with basic fridge/no ice maker and no dishwasher or clothes washer/dryer. Only thing I have considered is the battery level reached a lower level not allowing full operation for a pressure switch or prime or something related to the difference in power source?
definitely check the battery condition & the connections

Digger55

definitely check the battery condition & the connections
Yes, thanks...spoke to someone and realize there is only one power source for the water pump and it is DC regardless. When on shore power, the voltage would be delivered from converter and so when it was on Battery only, the voltage was probably low and created the issue. Will check voltage readings for everything. Thanks