Water Pump Just Stopped Working- Road Warrior 413

BrianM

We are camping (and have been for 5 days), using the fresh water tank as no city water hook up at current site. Water pump has been working fine while here. Fresh water tank has been refilled and water pump worked fine after refilling.

We have just been leaving the water pump switch on (not sure if that is good or bad), the water pump seems to only run when we use the faucets.

All of a sudden last night, we cannot get the water to flow out of any faucet in our RV. The water pump switch is illuminated still on our control panel, but I cannot hear the water pump kick on at all anymore.

Any suggestions? Did I fry my water pump by leaving it on?

-Brian M.

rhodies1

We are camping (and have been for 5 days), using the fresh water tank as no city water hook up at current site. Water pump has been working fine while here. Fresh water tank has been refilled and water pump worked fine after refilling.

We have just been leaving the water pump switch on (not sure if that is good or bad), the water pump seems to only run when we use the faucets.

All of a sudden last night, we cannot get the water to flow out of any faucet in our RV. The water pump switch is illuminated still on our control panel, but I cannot hear the water pump kick on at all anymore.

-Brian M.

No you would not fry your pump by leaving the switch turned on, leaving it on is normal.. have you looked to see if you have blown a fuse, check 12 volt fuses.You also could have a loose wire connection at the pump.—-these would be the first things I would investigate.

danemayer

The ON indicator is an LED. If your fuse box has LED indicators that show when a fuse is blown, that LED passes enough current to illuminate a downstream LED like the one for the switch.

I'd check your main fuse box for a blown fuse.

pjones1969

Just a thought, do you have another water pump switch in your UDC? We have one inside and then another in the UDC (I believe for winterizing), I haven't tested what happens if the one inside is ON and the other in the UDC is ON or OFF

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
There may also be an inline fuse very near the pump. Locate your pump and check it. Usually behind the basement wall in your pass through basement storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

I just had to replace the water pump on our 2018 Road Warrior 2 weeks ago. The motor would work but not getting any water flow. As said prior there is a fuse at the pump in a red holder, blade style fuse. If I remember the pump cost around $120. If you get a new pump keep in mind you do NOT get a new strainer, you have to use your old one, do not throw it away. About 20 minutes to switch it out, easy job.

BrianM

-Brian M.

Thank you for all the suggestions. All fuses were OK. I decided to locate the pump which was behind a cover in the cargo bay. I simply hit the pump with the handle of a screw driver to see if that would jar the pump to start working again and it did the trick. The water pump engaged right away when I turned on a faucet. However, it does not sound very good, I have ordered a new pump and plan to install it as soon as it comes in.

​-Brian M