Water running down inside wall of slide out

rick_debbie_gallant

We are having a pretty good rainstorm going on right now and I have water running down the inside of my wall:eek: in the cabinet just above the desk. The water is just like a river running down the wall:eek::mad:. It looks like it may be coming from the factory installed antenna that is hooked to the outside of the slide . Wont be able to check it out untill tomorrow because of the rain and lightening going on right now. Any one have any ideas?:confused:

And now I wonder what kind of problems I will have in the future with all of the liquid that got into the wall. Also, I had my cpu in the cabinet and it got soaked as well as a portable hard drive.:eek: What a mess.

geeksrus

Not having the same problem as you but got some water in the small cabinet by the door & it runs along where the bottom step to the bedroom & the living area floor meets.
We are on Mustang Island TX & are having a heavy rainstorm with a lot of high winds. I think that the water is blowing in from the Cyclone Sewer Vent. Will have to wait until the weather gets better to investigate further.

Eh!

rick_debbie_gallant

Hey geeks:

We are at woody acres in fulton tx. and yes you are still getting hammered. according to wunderground we have gotten well over 13 inches of rain in the past 12 hours. sure wish i knew where the leak was from. enjoy the rest of the day. maybe we can get together.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Has anyone else had problems like this with their Heartlands and the antenna?

Sorry to hear that, but good to know. We have not experienced any leakage with ours in what rains we encountered in Michigan over the summer. The antenna itself is useless, so I just might pull it off and put a well sealed cover there. Followed the recommendation to connect the radio to the TV cable and actually be able to get stations.

rick_debbie_gallant

got a break in the rain and went out and pointed the antenna down. I may do like you and pull the dang thing out. Still wonder what IO am going to experience in the future with the walls.

2010augusta

Sorry to hear that, but good to know. We have not experienced any leakage with ours in what rains we encountered in Michigan over the summer. The antenna itself is useless, so I just might pull it off and put a well sealed cover there. Followed the recommendation to connect the radio to the TV cable and actually be able to get stations.

John, We were having problems with radio reception, and upon inspection it was a broken adapter wire from the antenna, called Heartland and they sent a new one and that fixed the issues.

Attachments

• DSCN6347.JPG
    DSCN6347.JPG
    357.9 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN6345.JPG
    DSCN6345.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN6348.JPG
    DSCN6348.JPG
    334.4 KB · Views: 32

JohnDar

John, We were having problems with radio reception, and upon inspection it was a broken adapter wire from the antenna, called Heartland and they sent a new one and that fixed the issues.

Mine had so much electrical tape goobered on it, it looked like an amateur job. Attaching a coax cable from the Samsung to the TV cable jack via a splitter did the trick.

RoadJunkie

It would be interesting what response, if any, you would get by sending pics of the "goobered" tape installation. I would assume the pic could be directed to the QA department.

JohnDar

It would be interesting what response, if any, you would get by sending pics of the "goobered" tape installation. I would assume the pic could be directed to the QA department.

"Goobered" may have been a poor choice of words. Suffice it to say it definitely looked homemade. I went to Radio Shack looking for a better quality one and was told such an animal did not exist. Point is, and was made several months ago, why install components with incompatible connectors and then have to make up an adapter for them? The way it's jammed in there, no wonder they break. If they're buying Brand X receivers with a certain type of antenna input connector on them, buy Brand Z antennas with the same type of cable end.

2010augusta

"Goobered" may have been a poor choice of words. Suffice it to say it definitely looked homemade. I went to Radio Shack looking for a better quality one and was told such an animal did not exist. Point is, and was made several months ago, why install components with incompatible connectors and then have to make up an adapter for them? The way it's jammed in there, no wonder they break. If they're buying Brand X receivers with a certain type of antenna input connector on them, buy Brand Z antennas with the same type of cable end.

The replacement the Heartland sent me was a commercial/professional looking one, it was not homemade looking and has molded end, not heat shrink. I agree it would be nice not to have an adapter, but I will also like an antenna without six feet of extra cable to have to stash in the cabinet along with the dozen of other cables to make everything work.