Water running out when city water is connected

7C28E5F7-8FAE-40BD-9522-8DB0D6076C30.jpeg
Yesterday whenever I got home, this water was pouring out. We are connected to city water. Whenever I turn off the city water, it stops immediately and vice versa. I did not open this valve, which leads me to believe it is supposed to be open? It is a good amount of water. Any ideas? 2022 Trailrunner 31DB

pjones1969

Its a low point drain, the valve will need to be turned off if you want to pressurize the water lines to your fixtures

Its a low point drain, the valve will need to be turned off if you want to pressurize the water lines to your fixtures
I was wondering about that but, I do see a hot and cold low point drain a little further back so, I was not sure if this was the same. Would it just start happening all of the sudden? No one has touched the valve so, it has been open since we bought it.

pjones1969

ok, with that said its probably the drain to your fresh water tank, your valve where you connect the city water supply is leaking by and filling up your fresh water tank

rhodies1

It’s not a low point drain. It’s your drain for your fresh water tank. Your Anderson valve is faulty and water it filling your water tank as well as going to your taps. As you mention once you shut off the water it stops…. That’s because no flow is going to the fresh water tank. You maybe able to repair the Anderson valve with new O rings but will most likely need to replace the valve. Replace with the new Brass style

Ridges

Had same issue fresh water tank filling up on city water. Mine was the check valve in water pump failed. Installed check valve discharge side of pump problem solved
Before installing a new check value or water pump, try clearing the problem. Put water in your fresh tank and cycle the water pump on and off 10 to 15 times. Sometimes this will clear any debris that may be lodged in the water pumps internal check valve. After this, drain fresh water tank, hook back up to city water and see if any more water comes out your fresh water drain. If not, problem solved.

mlpeloquin

Don't drain your fresh water tank fully. Drain it an down a little so that no water is going out of your overflow. If your problem is not solved, at least you have not used up an entire fresh water tank of water.

david-steph2018

As mentioned, it could be one of the two possibilities, check valve failure or the Anderson Valve went bad. In June we had our Anderson Valve go bad in Nephi, Utah. I had been carrying a spare since the National Rally in June 2019 since the company said, "these are going bad."

Problem is if it is the Anderson Valve and you want to replace it, it is a 6-week wait for the new valve. The new valve is about $170.00.

I had luck with our Anderson Valve, I turned off the water, release the pressure, slowly rotate the valve right than left 2-3 times. Luckily it would reset the O-rings. This worked until the last time in Nephi.

Dmetcalf

I had the exact same issue. I had previously replaced the plastic valve with the brass version too. I just released the water pressure then moved the Anderson k ow back and forth then reset it on city water and it worked properly. Design flaw I suspect..!