Water Tanks Leaking on New Trailer

CMB1998

Hello.

I have a 25ft Mallard bunk house trailer (251BH). I bought it new earlier this year from Camping World. I went to use the water tanks for the first time and after filling I had water coming out of the plastic cover on the bottom of the RV. I can see water pooling anywhere the under cover is lower. After calling camping world they scheduled an appointment for the end of November. This was back in Sept. I'm still waiting for my service appointment but curious if anyone has recommendations on things to check.

Thanks, Chirs

wdk450

Well, I hope everything works out for you, but Camping World RV Service has a poor word of mouth reputation on this forum and other RV forums.

It might be a good idea to keep their CEO's complaint webpage filed:

CMB1998

Well, I hope everything works out for you, but Camping World RV Service has a poor word of mouth reputation on this forum and other RV forums.

It might be a good idea to keep their CEO's complaint webpage filed:
Yea, in hindsight, I am aware.

There was one close by and it seemed to make sense at time of purchase. Looking back, I might have a different approach today.

I got a flat 15 miles down the road about an hour after signing papers on the brand-new trailer and they were zero help.

sengli

In the mean time, I would get that water out of the coroplast. Leaving it wet for any period of time, will cause mold to start to form. Find the low spots and by hand, drill a hole to to allow that water out.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not to remove CW or HL from the problem, but fresh water tanks do have overflow ports on the top. Is it possible you overfilled it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMB1998

In the mean time, I would get that water out of the coroplast. Leaving it wet for any period of time, will cause mold to start to form. Find the low spots and by hand, drill a hole to to allow that water out.
It's all out. I parked on a steep hill on my lot and let it sit. Turned it around and did the same. Its dry now. Just want to fix the core issue.

LBR

It's all out. I parked on a steep hill on my lot and let it sit. Turned it around and did the same. Its dry now. Just want to fix the core issue.
Just because water quits dripping doesn't mean it's all out. The flooring insulation can wick up water like a sponge and if not allowed to air dry, can stay wet for a LONG time and still mold....your trailer, your choice.

sengli

Just so you know the common procedure for most service departments will be to cut open the coroplast under belly material and proceed to find your leak. Then maybe they will tape up the cuts. When I first bought my new trailer, I assumed they would drop the coroplast and then re install it, as a whole.... wow was I a fool.

I ended up buying one of those industrial squirrel cage fans, and thru slit in the under belly. I would put that fan blowing up in the under side of the RV for days to get the moisture out. Quite often water gets blown into the under belly if you tow in a bad rain storm as well. My first two fifth wheels had this issue, and I incorrectly thought I had a water leak. Turns out it was water coming off the wheels at 60mph, blowing past the coroplast.