waxing shower walls

tessa

my DW wants to know if anyone has waxed the walls of the shower to help keep it cleaner and free of water spots?
if so what products are you using.

thanks!

richheck

Seasoned Member
For years now we have usd a mixture of "Jet Dry" dishwasher liquid and plain water in a spray bottle, we spray the walls and glass after showering and the water just runs off like the water runs off the dishes in the dishwasher. About 1/2 ounce in a medium sized spray bottle is all you need. Just think how little is needed by how long this product lasts in your dishwasher. I believe the product has changed names after being bought out by "Finish", now "Finish Jet Dry" or something of that nature.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We use the shower clean spray found in the cleaning section at retailers. We have also used rainx on the shower doors with limited success. Recently purchased a RV softener !!! There's the ticket. Soft water good on you and good for the rig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogie

We always use a squeegee after each use. Seems to do a good job but our water is not that hard so water spots are not too big a problem. We do this in our shower at home as well.

And yes, doing this in the trailer shower is tough because of the size but we think the result is worth the effort.

Nuclearcowboy

We use the shower clean spray found in the cleaning section at retailers. We have also used rainx on the shower doors with limited success. Recently purchased a RV softener !!! There's the ticket. Soft water good on you and good for the rig!

If I may ask, what water softener did you install?

travelin2

tessa

we have the on the go water softener and it does a great job, however there are still a few spots that are left behind, especially since we full time in the camper. I like the wax idea from home depot and we will try that. also a great excuse to drive to Lafayette for a po'boy at the olde tyme grocery store. LOL

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
When the glass shower walls in our S&B were installed they recommended using RainX. We have treated the glass once a year and it works great. I have not tried it in the RV.

jimcat

travelin2

Are you still using the softner? If not have you found something else?
We are. We wouldn’t be without it, especially when we travel out west.
Nancy, the DW, still wipes down the shower walls and doors but not as often as the spotting isn’t as prominent

jimcat

We are. We wouldn’t be without it, especially when we travel out west.
Nancy, the DW, still wipes down the shower walls and doors but not as often as the spotting isn’t as prominent
Yep, we got one.. the double.. Working extremely well with the hard water here. One can not smell the iron and or sulfur any more

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
use wet and forget for shower. use it in rv and home. simple to use and works great