We 415

zr600

Hi all we are looking at a 2015 rw415 we really like the floor plan. What should I all look for for issues? Also is there any outlets in the bedroom near the beds for charging phones/laptops? This one has a tv that slides into the front closet area. Also I was wondering if there is a fan I the kitchen?

david-steph2018

With it being a 2015 check the rear ramp, I would bet it is a Lippert ramp. If so Lippert was having issues with the ramps at that time period. The issues were the ramp getting soft from water intrusion.
Check the welds on the suspension make sure there are no cracks or broken parts. Check the roof area for any caulking issues, tears, broken components, etc.....
Check the outer walls for any water intrusions issue such as delamination, bubbling, leaking windows, etc....

zr600

Ok I went and looked at again really close. Ramp door seems to be very solid caulking is in good shape. The kitchen slid out does have the plywood rotted out. I noticed it right away the sales man said it will be fixed they were taking about that before an potienal buyer I guess. He said there fix is going to make it better then it was new. Now my question is there is no outlets in the bedroom next to the bed. For computer 💻 or phone charging. Could a guy tap into another outlets wires and run on in? Other then that the camper looks good. Siding looks good, no delamination or bubbles. It’s not really faded. As soon as I get it I’m going to get a coat of wax on it.

danemayer

Take a flashlight and look along the sides of the bed platform. There are usually outlets on both sides, but they are difficult to see without a flashlight. If the outlets are actually not there, lift the bed platform to see if there's 120V AC there to tap into. If neither, you could probably run wire through the floor and to the main circuit breaker panel.

You might talk to the lead tech about how they plan to repair the rotted slide floor. A better-than-new repair might suggest the slide being lifted out of the rig so the floor can be completely replaced. If there's carpet in the slide, it's likely to be damaged when pulled up for the repair. It's unlikely they'll be able to find matching carpet, so that implies a larger carpet replacement. It's also easy to damage the trim when the room is removed and partially disassembled. They won't be able to match the trim either, which might lead to replacing all the trim on both sides. I don't mean to suggest that the repair can't be done better-than-new, but these are things to be aware of. Inspect the result before completing the sale.

david-steph2018

If they are going to repair it make sure you get it in writing, and make sure it is done before you sign the paperwork. As Dan said, for the proper, better than new repairs, the slide should come all the way out. You will not know if there is any wall damage until you get it out and tear into it.
I would ASSUME with floor damage there could very well be wall damage, until you can look and make sure there is NO WALL DAMAGE.
How & why did the floor rot?
You know "prepare for the worst, hope for the best".