Weber Q100 tap into my RV LP gas ?

RollingHome

I have a Q100 Weber that I want to tap into the 3670RL LP system... I know you crafty dudes have done it already and are willing to tell me what to do :). I have the hose option to connect to a 20 pound tank so what do you guys (or gals) suggest I do ?:confused:

2010augusta

the issue is the regulators. you either have to tap into the RVs LP system before the regulator, or get/make a hose for the weber without a regulator.

not sure about the BH but other heartland have a quick disconnect on the DS for the LP system, so parts are made to do this.

RollingHome

Thks Jon, I know I have a unlocked LP compartment... but I forget what side it's on ??? I have a 3670 RL.. 2011 (but made in 11/2009 ???).

Willym

the issue is the regulators. you either have to tap into the RVs LP system before the regulator, or get/make a hose for the weber without a regulator.

not sure about the BH but other heartland have a quick disconnect on the DS for the LP system, so parts are made to do this.

Is this a feature on new Landmarks? I don't remember seeing it when I looked at them, and was preparing to tap into the LP line for my BBQ when I get my new Rushmore home.

Dave012

I have a quick connect on the DS, but it stumps me how to modify the BBQ. I have a Weber Q200, so likely a similar problem to Tom's. Anyone modified the BBQ?

rick_debbie_gallant

Okay, so where in tarnation is this thing located? Or is it an option or something? Cant seem to find it on my rig! sure would like to have me one of those things for my Q200.

RollingHome

Thanks Ken, I did not know such a thing existed... now do I get that or a 5 pound LP bottle ? If I get the bottle where do I store it in tow ? I don't take full bottles of propane for granted and I give them plenty of air and comfort ! Your way is safe and makes a lot of sense... I hate decisions...

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Thanks Ken, I did not know such a thing existed... now do I get that or a 5 pound LP bottle ? If I get the bottle where do I store it in tow ? I don't take full bottles of propane for granted and I give them plenty of air and comfort ! Your way is safe and makes a lot of sense... I hate decisions...

The setup on the link is hooked up using your rigs tanks. If you look at the link ,at the bottom of that page it shows more images that show how it works and hookup.....Kenny

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Tom, Are you coming to Nashville? If so, and you want it. I have one that I'll give you. I've used it for several years and decided I like the option of using the grill farther away from the rig. I just carry a 20# bottle an a plastic milk crate. I keep it in the truck bed and a 20# bottle lasts quite a while for our Q100.

RollingHome

Not sure about Nashville Ray, my wife and I still "WORK" (excuse my profanity :),) and our vacay days are limited. We both have over 20 years with our employers... but. I would like to get the valve off you to try it though, if you could hang onto it for awhile... Nashville sounds like a hoot and ya never know. I just hope the folks from Tenn. get a break from all the rain soon, they deserve it !

Duramax1

I like the flexibility that using a 5# tank offers, particularly in windy conditions as you can then place the barbeque in a leeward area somewhere around the trailer.

We travel with another couple who have the fixed trailer connection and ofter they cannot use their's because the wind is blowing the wrong way.

If you ever run out of propane unexpectedly using the 5# tank, you can always disconnect one of your trailer tanks from the trailer regulator and connect that tank directly to the barbeque, which is what I had to do recently.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I have the same set up as Kenny (Katkens). Had it for 2 years....need to use it sometime.