Well bummer

DickO

Took my Bighorn 3160 to a shop here in Tucson to have bearings done. Have roughly 10,000 miles in it in 8 months. They just called and said all the bearings are loose. There are some other problems underneath. Will fill you in when I pick it up Saturday. Has anyone else encountered loose bearings on a new unit with this few miles? :(

RoadJunkie

Be careful...I've never heard of "loose bearings". Any one else heard of this? Maybe loose castle nut on the axle?

MTPockets

Some play is normal.. you never want tapered wheel bearings tight.. loose vs too loose vs way too loose is a matter of touch difference from one person to another.

BigGuy82

Took my Bighorn 3160 to a shop here in Tucson to have bearings done. Have roughly 10,000 miles in it in 8 months. They just called and said all the bearings are loose. There are some other problems underneath. Will fill you in when I pick it up Saturday. Has anyone else encountered loose bearings on a new unit with this few miles? :(

This could be legit or it could be a money grab. I’m just hard pressed to imagine what could make 8 low mileage bearings fail simultaneously. Unfortunately, your rig is in their hands and it’s in pieces. At 10k, there’s no way the bearings should be worn. Loose bearings? Absolutely dumb comment. My guess is if you ask to see the bearings, they’ll show you some ratty old bearings and say they were yours. Also, if they change the bearings they should also replace the races. Either way, they’re going to charge you for replacement, whether they do it or not. Only thing to do is find a better dealer next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk