Wet Bolt and Equalizer Install

'Lil Guy'

I won a set of wet bolts and ordered the longer ones for my correct tract set up. I'm hoping the broken bolts I've been reading about are due to over torqueing and not just quality. I figured I would replace the equalizer at this time, going with the SRE 3000 instead of the 4K after reading all of the posts about the trouble with them. Is adding the cross member to the equalizer necessary? I felt good about this upgrade till I started reading all of the posts on line about failed equalizers and broken wet bolts. Someone reassure me this is the way to go. Thanks in advance.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I have 15K on my wet bolt conversion. Not upgrading the equalizers until necessary
So far so good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBR

I won a set of wet bolts and ordered the longer ones for my correct tract set up. I'm hoping the broken bolts I've been reading about are due to over torqueing and not just quality. I figured I would replace the equalizer at this time, going with the SRE 3000 instead of the 4K after reading all of the posts about the trouble with them. Is adding the cross member to the equalizer necessary? I felt good about this upgrade till I started reading all of the posts on line about failed equalizers and broken wet bolts. Someone reassure me this is the way to go. Thanks in advance.
Is the SRE3000 a brand new/improved setup over our existing CRE3000? All I can find on Google is a Bruno chair lift for that SRE3000...thanx.

'Lil Guy'

Is the SRE3000 a brand new/improved setup over our existing CRE3000? All I can find on Google is a Bruno chair lift for that SRE3000...thanx.

My bad. Should have been cre

G_S

The cross member is a very good idea. We upgraded to the 3000 and a cross member as well as disc brakes. Did it in Oklahoma and one of the shackles is already grooving.

LBR

My bad. Should have been cre

Noooooo problem....am looking at a suspension upgrade also, and didn't want to miss a new and improved item. That Bruno chair sure wouldn't hold up long, eh?...hahaha.