Wet bolts/Correct Track

travlingman

Started installing wet bolts today and found that my correct track bolts are welded to the adjustment piece. correct.jpg Any ideas how to get a wet bolt in? Has anyone else had this and what did you do? Thought of using a cut off wheel on Dremel but afraid hole will be elongated by time I get the bolt out due to weld.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Are you the original owner? Those Correct Trac heads should be yellow. Can you cut the nut off the other end and pull the whole thing out? You can get a new Correct Trac piece from Heartland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You can also order a correctrac kit from Lippert online, I found one on Amazon when we had a wet bolt break and lost the yellow plates.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I believe if you have the regular Wet bolt kit, the Wet bolts you have will be to short for the correct track set up. You'll probably need to get the right kit like Erika suggested.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
MorRyde sent longer wet bolts for the Correct Track to me. What I meant to say is that the Correct Track kit (a Lippert product) can be bought on Amazon, which will have the yellow plates. (But not wet bolts.)

Correction, Amazon has a triple axle kit and another single axle kit that's out of stock.

travlingman

Yes, I am the original owner. I think the reason I didn't get the yellow plates is that Correct Track just came out when our camper did. I am trying to figure out why it was welded. The Morryde wet bolt kit I ordered did come with the longer bolts for the correct track. I went ahead and took a side grinder and cut the weld out and was able to use the adjustment piece on one of them. Since all of the bushings I removed were in good shape I left the other 3 until I could contact LCI and see about the adjustment pieces. Since I don't need a whole kit I am going to try and get just the 4 pieces and then replace the one I did grind out.

My kit didn't come with instructions and I am trying to find out the correct torque requirement for the bolts. Can anyone remember right off hand?

As a side note, I was very surprised at how good of shape the original bushings and shackles were in. I almost didn't do the replacement as there was no damage to bushings or elongation of shackles.

mlpeloquin

My correct track was welded as well. I was going to grind the weld off, but a sharp blow with a hammer did the job. Not a great weld. Ground the plate smooth. Do take notice to the orientation prior to removal.