What after market Shock kit should I go with on my LM 365 ?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

What after market Shock kit should I go with on my LM 365 Ashland ?
After seeing the stock shock position and mounting angel I don't think they are really doing what shocks are meant to do !!! I know there are a few different kits out there so what one is the best ?

jbeletti

Jerrod - a few Heartlanders have gotten the Joy Rider system installed. I have not heard any feedback from them on the system.

I suggest you phone (541-326-4033) Henderson's Lineup and ask for Robert. They sell and install the system and they know A LOT about RV and truck suspension systems. Though you may not drive to Grant's Pass, OR for purchase/install, Robert will likey give you his qualified opinion on the product.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Nothing beats the Mor-Ryde system. You put so much time, effort and money into your coach why not go the extra mile for MR.

jbeletti

Nothing beats the Mor-Ryde system. You put so much time, effort and money into your coach why not go the extra mile for MR.

I agree with Jim here - the MORryde IS (independent suspension) system is NICE. I have it. But it will cost a few grand to do. A LOT more than a better shock system :)

Bones

I would say if the morRyde IS system was removable and transferable then it would have some appeal to more people as well because you could take it with you. Outside of that it is very expensive. I want to do small improvements with some morryde components like the SRE4000 and shocks and I think that would do wonders for the camper or at least that is what I'm thinking.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I have heard good things about this system, developed by Sonny Dismuke; http://www.rvridecontrol.com/joy-rider-ride-control.html Trace

I just started researching this. Right now I am not convinced it is or is not worth it. The kit looks well put together. I also want to upgrade my pin box and have not made a decision on the best route to go with that either. I am guessing if I did both it would help the ride out a bunch.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have the first generation of the Joy Rider installed and like it. Since then the developer has redesigned the shocks, calling them Joy Rider 2. The coach seems to ride a lot better in that I rode in the back (inside) the other day for about a 100 miles and things didn't seem to move around or bounce as much as they did before. Before adding them, it was like you had straight axles with no springs and we had to check everything inside because cushions moved, chairs moved, etc. I know I shouldn't have but how else can you know what goes on in the coach unless you do. I used to ride in horse trailers with the mares and foals all the time.
B--

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
What after market Shock kit should I go with on my LM 365 Ashland ?
After seeing the stock shock position and mounting angel I don't think they are really doing what shocks are meant to do !!! I know there are a few different kits out there so what one is the best ?

They don't...replaced the OEM with the suggested Monroe shocks. Results after one trip last fall...
664bc02a0eac23e3a8750ab719e563ef.jpg

I'll save my money for other enjoyment and install the Joy Rider kit on my next rig.
Additionally I plan on the disc brakes upgrade next before upgrading the "ride". I'm not hauling Mama's best china dishes but I am concerned about reducing stopping distance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod - a few Heartlanders have gotten the Joy Rider system installed. I have not heard any feedback from them on the system.

I suggest you phone (541-326-4033) Henderson's Lineup and ask for Robert. They sell and install the system and they know A LOT about RV and truck suspension systems. Though you may not drive to Grant's Pass, OR for purchase/install, Robert will likey give you his qualified opinion on the product.
Thanks Jim I'll give him a call.
I tried like heck to get the MorRyde IS put on last year after we first got our LM and
that Acacia RV center in Colton CA. didn't seem to want my business and would never return any of my calls.
Now after almost 1 year we have done about 10 different week long trips and only put on about 1500 miles. With our business we can't travel to fare from home. So the high cost of the IS may not be worth it for us.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MTPockets

I actually had a price quote and was preparing to make an appointment to have the Independant Suspension installed by MorRyde... We picked up our Big Horn new in November, 2011. The logic of the shock discussion and suspension discussions all make sense, but, I'm now 4 1/2 years into full time and have travelled from FL to WA, to FL to AZ, IN, and everything in between. Tires are good, suspension checks are good (Installed never fail bushings in first year), so I finally decided why fix it if it ain't broke. For me, the extra expense after all this travel on the Dexter 7000 lb axles and G614 Goodyears, doesn't seem worth it. We'll stay with stock and regular maintenance at what I believe will be a much lower cost.

ksucats

Was reading this thread and went to the site above, starting watching videos. Saw the following from Lippert on their flex system. Interesting but what caught my attention is the amount of sideways deflection showing on the mounting brackets. I know with the IS they put solid beams across and attach them to the i-beams of the coach. This makes me want the IS even more - then again, thousands and thousands of trailers out there and very few problems reported - but still https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5iRVPwYZg.

On edit - I did a Google search a bit ago as I remembered an issue with Forest River and frame twisting. (Our trade-in for our LM was a Forest River product). In any case I found several articles covering the issue from the mid-2000s - our old coach was a 2006. I had originally planned on having the IS installed but the cost was more than we could handle at the time so we upgraded the axles from 6K to 7K, went with disc brakes and G rated tires. All of this was installed by what was then the Trailair company in Goshen -- Lippert has sense bought them out I believe. In any case, the folks there also welded in three additional cross braces to prevent the frame twisting and strengthen up the portion around the axle mounts. I can't say that we still didn't have any side to side motion of the axles but I do know that we never had any frame problems that we had seen reported by others on that particular forum. Oh well, a bit off topic so if not appropriate please feel free to have deleted.

Last edited: