What brand sofa do I have?

txtinman

The sofa recliner release cable is broken. :mad: I can't find any brand names or part numbers. We have a 2018 RW426. If anyone knows the brand or where I can find a replacement cable it will be appreciated.

david-steph2018

The sofa recliner release cable is broken. :mad: I can't find any brand names or part numbers. We have a 2018 RW426. If anyone knows the brand or where I can find a replacement cable it will be appreciated.

Is this the part you need?
Parachute Pull Replacement D Ring Pull Cables for Modular furniture - LAF, RAF, 22 Console - RecPro

We have the 5 person couch in our Road Warrior and have broken 3 cables. Get the 2 pack it is cheaper. If this is the cable look at how it is installed, move the angle of the D-ring so it does not break the cable.

Also look under the foot rest for the information you were asking about.

pjones1969

Our Cyclone has Thomas Payne furniture, here’s a cable on e-trailer that I found but don’t know if it’s the same as you have, I googled Thomas Payne RV furniture parts and didn’t get much. It’s made by Lippert so maybe you could call Heartland with your VIN and get some more details

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessorie...MI5LCM8u-_7QIVuubjBx22ggQeEAQYAiABEgInlfD_BwE

- - - Updated - - -

Parachute Pull Replacement D Ring Pull Cables for Modular furniture - LAF, RAF, 22 Console - RecPro

We have the 5 person couch in our Road Warrior and have broken 3 cables. Get the 2 pack it is cheaper. If this is the cable look at how it is installed, move the angle of the D-ring so it does not break the cable.

That’s a good site, much cheaper than e-trailer!

txtinman

I believe that is what I need. Just have to figure out how to replace it. It's behind some material and I will probably have to cut it to get to the cable. Thanks for the link.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

After I unscrewed it from the side, where it broke. I cut the old cable then taped the end of the new to it. Next VERY CAREFULLY pull it thru, I couldn't do it fast it took a little of time to fish it thru.

Take pics first to make sure you hook it correctly. Before I installed the new cable I changed the angle you pulled it to release the foot rest.

txtinman

After I unscrewed it from the side, where it broke. I cut the old cable then taped the end of the new to it. Next VERY CAREFULLY pull it thru, I couldn't do it fast it took a little of time to fish it thru.

Take pics first to make sure you hook it correctly. Before I installed the new cable I changed the angle you pulled it to release the foot rest.
Mine is the end cable and the bracket is between the cushion and the arm. I'm going to need a small 90 degree screwdriver. If I can get the bracket off I don't think I'll have much trouble installing the cable.

david-steph2018

Mine is the end cable and the bracket is between the cushion and the arm. I'm going to need a small 90 degree screwdriver. If I can get the bracket off I don't think I'll have much trouble installing the cable.

It can be a pain getting it off the arm. I used a flexible extension on a drill, I was pushing down on the cushion while the wife operated the drill. I pushed down with 1 hand and held the extension with the other. I used the flexible that came with the rig to use in case you needed to do the hydraulics when power was out.

wdk450

You can make your own temporary 90 degree screwdriver with a set of thin nose Vise Grips and the appropriate 1/4 inch hex screwdriver bit.