What did you do to your camper today?

jdamude

We finished the Combo W/D install today, despite my waking up with the beginnings of a cold. Will do some laundry tomorrow if I feel up to it.

Since we have a combo, we opted to drill our vent hole a little lower than the marked spot so that the dryer vent would not have to go "uphill". It's more of a straight horizontal shot from the back of the Combo.

1aaf647e3289761e4bc94dffbbc289d0.jpg

Ready for the unit!

I'll come back and update this post with final install pic tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have the same rig and will be installing the combo unit in it. Can you tell me where you purchased the drain pan? If you made it, can you provide the materials you used?

Where did you purchase the 90 degree adapter for the vent pipe?

can you provide measurements and reference points for the vent hole relocation?

Thanks
Jeff

justafordguy

Did you take pictures of the install and what you did? I would like a ceiling fan too.

No pictures but I could give you a few tips on the hard parts if you decide to give it a shot. Running the wire is the only hard part. I ran it down through the wall behind the switch panel and tied the power into the outlet on the bottom of that cabinet with the USB charging ports. I removed a few lights and AC vents to get access. The hardest part is getting the wire down the existing hole on the top of the wall. I got to it through the light above the little shelf in the bathroom.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the same rig and will be installing the combo unit in it. Can you tell me where you purchased the drain pan? If you made it, can you provide the materials you used?

Where did you purchase the 90 degree adapter for the vent pipe?

can you provide measurements and reference points for the vent hole relocation?

Thanks
Jeff

Sent a pm. MCTalley had a similar thread recently, that has great pics. We followed his example, except for the dryer vent pipe. We used a rigid 90 elbow and semi-rigid residential vent piping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

No pictures but I could give you a few tips on the hard parts if you decide to give it a shot. Running the wire is the only hard part. I ran it down through the wall behind the switch panel and tied the power into the outlet on the bottom of that cabinet with the USB charging ports. I removed a few lights and AC vents to get access. The hardest part is getting the wire down the existing hole on the top of the wall. I got to it through the light above the little shelf in the bathroom.
Can you take some pictures of how it looks now? Did you have the recess for the fan or did you find support somewhere in the roof to use?

justafordguy

I just got a 42" ceiling hugger fan and screwed the mounting bracket directly into the roof truss. The trusses are metal and very sturdy. I'll take a few pictures this weekend and post them up.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Camped in it . . . at the Arizona HOC 2016 Rodeo Rally in Tucson!

We are all having a blast . . . wish you all were here!

justafordguy

Good job
hope you have plenty of room to miss the slides when they come in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought of. Looks like with the ceiling hugger type like I used I have about 8" from the top of slide to the blades. It should be fine. ;)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My toyhualer had about 1/2" and one day for some reason it hit and snapped the blade in two. So I traded it in on a Landmark 365. LOL
It happened about a month before we traded it. I took the opposite blade of and turned it in to a 2 bladed fan. LOL

Bones

My toyhualer had about 1/2" and one day for some reason it hit and snapped the blade in two. So I traded it in on a Landmark 365. LOL
It happened about a month before we traded it. I took the opposite blade of and turned it in to a 2 bladed fan. LOL

sounds like a good trade. Snap fan trade it in. ha