What did you do to your camper today?

TxRoadWarrior362

I didn't like the plexiglass screen protectors because they scratch to easily. Went to Home Depot and bought two metal residential screen grates. Cut them to size, drilled mounting holes, and painted black. Self tapping screws also got painted.

Notice the the patern is horizontal to help ensure the dogs nails won't get caught while scratching.

sorry for the upside down pics. Not sure how that happened

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 133

rahewett

Last year I added LED strip lights to the awning tube and on the side just below the awning. Ran the wiring to the outside kitchen and that meant I had to open the kitchen door to turn them on and off. So today I re routed the wires inside where the furnace is. Added an outlet by tapping into the GFCI circuit. I placed the eye in the loover that covers the furnace. Now I can turn them on and off sitting at the kitchen table. I had a short peace of strip that is inside the loover and it comes on with the outside ones so we can tell when they are on with out going outside.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

jbparker

Got a stained glass window for door at the Goshen Rally. Also snap pads for my Landmark. Window is in and snap pads on. Son in law comes in handy. I thank him. Will try to attach picture of window.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 107

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Our Torklift steps ordered at the Goshen rally arrived last week. Easy install. First trip out and set up with them. Definite improvement, no bounce, solid footing. So far !!
2bae20a071fb5c70c750289a9d9128e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

Our Torklift steps ordered at the Goshen rally arrived last week. Easy install. First trip out and set up with them. Definite improvement, no bounce, solid footing. So far !!

Looks good Lyle. Now you need the dog cover for the back of the steps

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I see you switched the locking pin to the right side of the steps, too.

I kept skinning my knuckles on that yellow running light so I did the same thing.

farside291

Nick
we went with the 30% tint in order to be legal in CO. I'm amazed at the reduction in heat gain after install. My DW was also concerned about viability didn't want some dark as night tint. At this point we're both happy with the results.

Since it's my understanding we're not to discuss costs on the forum I've sent you a PM.

We just had the BC done and it was $700.00 for all windows except the door. We also used the LLumar ATR 5, 61% block. We went with the metalized film, what a difference. All shades open even when its 95 degrees with no shade. Trailer stays at the set temperature on the thermostat. Would do it again. It is darker inside, but not as dark as when we were forced to keep silver insulation on the windows and all shades closed.

travelin2

Looks good Lyle. Now you need the dog cover for the back of the steps

Have them but thinking I'll return them. Put our step carpets back on so adding on the fabric backers isn't looking like it's going to happen without significant modifications

travelin2

I see you switched the locking pin to the right side of the steps, too.

I kept skinning my knuckles on that yellow running light so I did the same thing.

Wasn't that so much as my head banging into the grab bar

Nuclearcowboy

We just had the BC done and it was $700.00 for all windows except the door. We also used the LLumar ATR 5, 61% block. We went with the metalized film, what a difference. All shades open even when its 95 degrees with no shade. Trailer stays at the set temperature on the thermostat. Would do it again. It is darker inside, but not as dark as when we were forced to keep silver insulation on the windows and all shades closed.
Thanks, great info!!

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We got our Torklift Glow steps and Kenny is putting them on today also while we were in Goshen Kenny got a new door handle . Gonna be nice !1

CDN

B and B
We unloaded from a week at Goshen and extended weekend away with the Family. I have basement wall mods planned to make more usable storage. Should make enough room for spare chairs, our pop up shelter and spare electric cables.

I already moved the water pump to the higher main floor level so the cables for the sewer valves are not kinked.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, I bought a new shower faucet from Amazon back in January, and we just got around to installing it this weekend. Turns out, it leaks. :(
Will have to order another and return it.

But here's the pic.

e0dfb31ea25060f8471dfa5b30a682f8.jpg

aeaf2de2a78c7321f6b7c0a696192ec9.jpg

By the way, everyone may want to check behind the opening and the shower assembly for sealant.

The round access hole had very little silicone around it, and the shower assembly had none. It appeared as though water was getting behind the shower assembly and access port, though not a lot, and creating/leaving soap scum residue on the backside of the Fiberglass shower enclosure inside the wall. There was no evidence of water leaking at the connections or water making it down to lower areas.

549606f32e428980c4ae0701d1e7d74b.jpg

1d13469ab83cf30c3e9ca625422d16eb.jpg

Well this faucet leaked behind the wall, as well, so we purchased a replacement. Today, we tried to replace the faucet... and tested it before we permanently installed.

Sadly, this one also leaked.
6ee5d1e523026a2e0f09cab079405790.jpg

Dura faucet does have a "leak proof guarantee", so I've sent in the info to get it warranted.

WillyBill

Installed our new Personal Comfort A2 Queen mattress. Only afterward did I realize that I will have to crank up the genset to adjust the settings as we boondock almost exclusively and have no inverter, LOL. I think it won't be too big of a deal once we decide on the preferred comfort settings.:cool: You all know what a mattress looks like so no picture. :p

WB

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Installed our new Personal Comfort A2 Queen mattress. Only afterward did I realize that I will have to crank up the genset to adjust the settings as we boondock almost exclusively and have no inverter, LOL. I think it won't be too big of a deal once we decide on the preferred comfort settings.:cool: You all know what a mattress looks like so no picture. :p

WB

You could get you a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) like one would hook computers to. When the power "goes out", the battery kicks in to supply power for a while.

I have one for my computer equipment (laptop, printer, monitor, router, etc.) that can supply up to 95 minutes of battery backup power if I need it.

porthole

Retired

WB

Is that because of the air pump?

We have a sleep number at home, and after the novelty wore off we haven't touched the adjustment.

That said, does the air pump have a power brick to supply power to the air pump? If so check the specs. It may just be a 12volt dc converter.