What did you do to your camper today?

Power247

porthole

Retired
This has been a busy "fixit" week.
First I discovered the baffle in the AC that directs airflow into the ducts had come loose....resecured in position.
Next, the door latch on the Splendide washer/dryer stopped latching. Ordered and installed a new inner door panel (it's 100% genuine plastic and the piece that retains the pivot pin for the latch disintegrated)
Finally, we joined the ranks of Hisense residential fridge owners who had a thermo fuse fail. Since Hisense doesn't sell parts I've got some ordered from Amazon. Utilizing a workaround in the meantime.
I may not be handsome but at least I'm handy!

Neale - did it look like the picture in this post?
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/41020-Splendide-door-latch-issue?highlight=Splendide

FYI, I think the latch breaks by closing the door a little too briskly. We now do a gentle close holding the release handle then letting go.

We are still using that temporary repair 4+ plus years.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Neale - did it look like the picture in this post?
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/41020-Splendide-door-latch-issue?highlight=Splendide

FYI, I think the latch breaks by closing the door a little too briskly. We now do a gentle close holding the release handle then letting go.

We are still using that temporary repair 4+ plus years.
Yep...that's what I'm talking about. Ours came with our first (used) rig so it's pushing 7 yrs old.
I'm going to get out the modelling clay and JB Welds when I get home and see if I can make it usable again.
The replacement cost $57 including shipping.

carl.swoyer

I stopped by the storage yard and checked on the fifth wheel. And dreamed about spring.

View attachment 56461
Key West Florida
44600901f388230b7846f59a14fdd4ac.jpg
4756e1f98817dd03fffe05a378270bf7.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
The battery voltage indication on the Level Up control panel has always indicated about half a volt low. I never gave it much thought and wrote it off as just another fine Lippert product.
I decided to do a little preventive maintenance yesterday and went around the battery (and hydraulics) compartment with a wrench. I discovered that many, perhaps most, of the retaining nuts on wires at the pump, solenoids and breakers were less than tight.
Surprise! The voltage on the Level Up is now showing accurately.

Smitty325

Nice!! I need to do this to ours.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
I saw on install where they just could not get the right pound piston, so he got one that pushed and one that pulled. They offset each other so to open or close only took a slight pressure. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Power247

I saw on install where they just could not get the right pound piston, so he got one that pushed and one that pulled. They offset each other so to open or close only took a slight pressure. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

porthole

Retired
The battery voltage indication on the Level Up control panel has always indicated about half a volt low. I never gave it much thought and wrote it off as just another fine Lippert product.
I decided to do a little preventive maintenance yesterday and went around the battery (and hydraulics) compartment with a wrench. I discovered that many, perhaps most, of the retaining nuts on wires at the pump, solenoids and breakers were less than tight.
Surprise! The voltage on the Level Up is now showing accurately.

Mine has always read low, about .6 volts, and it is not a loose wire or two. I've always though it was/is a Lippert issue and is one of the reasons many have a variety of issues. Not necessarily low voltage, just a system that thinks it has low voltage.

jimtoo

Yesterday I removed the old plaks for the Heartland Owners Club and cleaned the back side of the original plak really good and applied the new club logo decal. I looks really good and is almost the exact size. It is about 3/8" shorter on both ends, but it looks really good.

IMG_7128.jpgIMG_7129.jpg

Jim M

carl.swoyer

I hand rubbed my cabinets with olde English scratch remover.
Kind of hard to really see the difference in the picture but it always seems to refresh the finish. Rub it in let it sit then buff with a micro cloth.
28246a437d02f006e8105cefbcf4870a.jpg
f022de3867a9d2dbd8f8ff3e4954bb91.jpg
bd9f20904d362b8909dc9d9f2c08a6a3.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Last week I bought a new, larger TV for the entertainment center as the other one was too small for the space, but was the big TV in my previous Trail Runner TT.

Last night I raised the wall mount as the new TV was too low and from the dinette was hidden behind the kitchen island.

Plus it just looks better raised . . . before the new TV was only about three inches above the counter of the entertainment center.

Here is a before (old 26") and newly raised 32" TV:

ProwlerEntCenter-P1000301.jpg ProwlerNewTV-P2171727.jpg

JohnD

OK...

Some here know that these camper lights that are strewn about our RV's bug me as they are almost always in a bad spot, plus they seem to always shine right in our eyes, no matter where we sit!

So, tonight I tackled the dinette light, which was also one of those blinding culprits.

I searched Ikea and a few other lighting stores to find a suitable lamp shade...to no avail!

I had purchased a couple of white plastic microwave plates for actual use in the microwave at Walmart a few weeks ago, which gave me the idea for this mod, but unfortunately, they were too small and didn't cover the entire bottom of the light fixture (which would give diffused light), and after searching high and low, was unable to locate one big enough for this job!

So while cruising the kitchen section at Walmart the other day I saw these pizza pans and this one measured perfect.

While not perfect, I can now sit at the dinette without being blinded by those quartz light bulbs, yet stiff have a nice subtle light at the table.

I will still be on the Prowl(er) for another option, but for now this one works!

ProwlerDinetteLightBefore-P2171728.jpg ProwlerDinetteLightBeforePizzaPan-P2171729.jpg

ProwlerDinetteLightBeforeHelper-P2171731.jpg ProwlerDinetteLightShadeMarkHole-P2171732.jpg

ProwlerDinetteLightDone-P2171738.jpg

Third shot...had a little help from one of my Prowlers!

jimtoo

John D,

The quartz or Halogen bulbs put out a lot of heat. Please check your shade or around it after it's been on while to make sure it is not getting to hot in the enclosed area now with no air circulation around it. Don't want it to melt or cause a problem because I know they get really hot

Jim M

JohnD

It has been on for seven hours now and no heat issue.

There is about four inches of open space between the top of the shade and the ceiling.