What do I need

KensFuel

Hey All,
I have a 22 Fuel 305 with solar prep. I'm looking to hook up solar just for maintaining my battery in storage. It already has the controller installed and pre wired on the roof. I hooked up panels on the roof and showed input on controller. Is there a wiring schematic I can get to see how it's wired ? Might install an inverter so can just power outlets for basics. What would I need besides the inverter. I've heard about a transfer switch also. Our camper also has the generator. Don't want to back feed anything. Thanks in advance. PXL_20220827_165134059.jpg

david-steph2018

If you have a factory installed generator, you should already have a transfer switch installed. The transfer switch should be behind the basement wall. It should have 2 large wires coming into it, shore power and generator power leads. Then 1 large cable going out to the breaker box. Our transfer switch is wired to have the generator as the primary, so when the generator kicks on, shore power is disconnected.

Hollandt

If you have a factory installed generator, you should already have a transfer switch installed. The transfer switch should be behind the basement wall. It should have 2 large wires coming into it, shore power and generator power leads. Then 1 large cable going out to the breaker box. Our transfer switch is wired to have the generator as the primary, so when the generator kicks on, shore power is disconnected.
I have a 2018 Fuel 305 and the transfer switch is mounted on top of the breaker/fuse panel/convertor next to/below the frig. It does appear that you have a solar charge controller installed(previous owner?). Do you already have a solar panel as well? On my unit the solar prep only consisted of a wire(not a very large gauge) to and from the roof to behind the label on the wall saying "solar prep". I think maybe the newer models have a solar connection at ground level close to the generator area for use with portable ground located solar panels?? I did not think they come with a controller however??