What happened to the Big Horn smaller floorplans

VKTalley

The frames have already been designed without the hangers. I understand some people aren’t excited about the step but more people are than aren’t.
The rest of the industry ( and our major competitor ) went to this step almost two years ago and their sales haven’t slowed down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom, is this across all Heartland brands that they have changed to the Mor-Ryde steps?
I love my Glow Steps and the Mor-Ryde steps would be a deal breaker for me too, if we were to replace our current rig. I DO NOT like the Mor-Ryde step system.

rhodies1

Tom,we all know the end game is all about profit but why doesn’t one of the RV suppliers break the mold and not follow everyone else like monkey see monkey do.Have the CEO of Thor Industries monitor the various Thor product forums and listen , ask questions to HIS customers on their likes,dislikes and wants.
Make items Options and if we wish the non standard item added to our unit,we pay for it as an option ....such as step choices.
Some manufacturer will hopefully smarten up and remember that it’s their customers who keep them whole.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I think it is unreasonable to ask a company that is mass producing RV's for a profit, to start customizing every aspect of their products. When we were looking for a new rig last year, it seemed that most of the higher end rigs out there had the new steps on them. We found that while we liked how sturdy they are, it was not even close to being on the radar as a deal breaker. Our BC does not have them and we are just fine with that. Our rig also has the frame-less windows which offer horrible ventilation. It would also be unreasonable to ask the factory to allow for a version with window options too IMO. We have the floor plan that we just love and consider that a win. I understand that when you crank out this much money on an Rv it should be to your liking, but some of you are nit-picking your way into buying a custom rv next round.

rhodies1

I don’t think people are nit picking at all.You can order various options on vehicles as pkgs and these are Mass produced
The RV industry does what it wants to do and we are complacent and don’t complain enough,so the manufacturers keep selling up units with less and less items and No choices.
Take Forest River,they now have taken the-rear cap off of their Hathaway edition but haven’t lowered the price.Next step Bighorn will remove their cap for more profit,Time to stop kissing butt and tell them what we think.

SNOKING

Yeah, we have a early 2017 BH3575el and think it is a great floor plan. Puff and it's gone! We left the Bighorn in our Washington summer membership park and bought a Laredo 225MK as a commuter rig to travel back on forth to Arizona to our winter park model, and side trips.

The Laredo has the fold out Lippert steps. They are really nice to walk on getting in and out of the trailer. I can see that some roadside stops might be an issue. Did I say they are really nice to walk on, getting in and out of the trailer?

Chris

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I'm glad that we bought one of the last Landmark Oshkosh models that came with the old style stairs, so that we could use our Glowsteps. It would have been a deal breaker for us.