What is the second thermostat in the bathroom for?

Hi everyone, I have a one-month new Country Ridge. It has the usual thermostat in the main living room where you can set heat or cool, fan speed, temperature etc. It works well and I have no issues with it.

I am curious about the second thermostat in the bathroom? It is a simple thermostat on the wall where you can set the temperature with a little slide lever underneath it. There are no heat or cool settings or fan switches either. Just a slide lever to control the temperature-but of what? It doesn't seem to do anything that I call tell... I have cranked it up, lowered it, and nothing turns on or off that I can hear. I thought it might control the exhaust fan in the bathroom but it doesn't (there is a different switch for the ceiling fan). The owner's manual is silent on the issue.

Does anyone know what it is for? Thank you in advance!

danemayer

Hi Skutchiegirl,

Sounds like you're describing the thermostat for the fantastic fan that might be located in the kitchen/living area. If interior temp is higher than the thermostat setting, it opens the cover and starts the fan. When the interior temp drops below the thermostat setting, it shuts off and closes. No telling how accurate the thermostat is, so if it's 70 inside, even set to 60, it might not come on.

Also, our fantastic fan has an on/off switch on the fan itself, as well as an auto/manual lever for opening the cover. They probably have to be set to ON and AUTO for the thermostat to operate the fan.

Thanks, Dan. when I visit this weekend I will try it. I am pretty sure I always have my fan set to manual so I never would have seen it work. When I set the fan to auto, it will open and turn on automatically when I turn the wall switch for the fan ON but it won't close it automatically by turning off the fan. So I just leave it on manual, get a chair, climb up and open it when I need it. So I don't think it's a fantastic fan.

kowAlski631

The thermostat you described is the one that controls our Fantastic Fan. The other thermostat where you can set the fan to manual or auto is for the furnace & ac on our rig.