Where are the Landmarks?

Georgia_Biker

OK -

Yesterday out of the clear Blue my wife suggested we start looking at upgrading to a Landmark - specifically a Newport or LaFayette. It has been awhile since I have been on the Heartland Website but, as I reviewed the 2 models and then searched for a dealer I discovered from the Website there are no dealers in Georgia that sell the Landmark -

I don't think I am going to find a dealer that has what we want in accessories sitting on the lot so I am going to have to order a unit. Disc brakes, Heat Pumps, Washer Dryer, Good Year Tires, etc

Any comments?

Fox

I too have noticed their absence (I'm in Bama country).

When I considered a potential Landmark upgrade I quickly realized that (other than disc brakes- fixable - and a 3rd AC unit) my fully dressed Bighorn equals the Landmark in all but pride of ownership. At least I like to think so.

Mark-Roberta 051995

We are in the same boat - lots of dealerships selling Bighorns / Big Country's in Kentucky but no Landmarks. We have been in talks with the folks from T&S and they seem to be the best to talk to but not always the best price. Their website is not always up to date but again - very easy to talk to and get accurate information. They seem to be the # 1 dealership for LM and get the best deals from Heartland based on how I understand it.

Now - the Newport is brand new this year with the "electric" oven vs. gas (propane). It has also been moved up in location, meaning about 30" up from floor and moved next to the fridge. They also offer a two tome color scheme in the living area. 3 AC's are standard now and have noticed that a lot of them have the washer/dryer in them from the factory.

Good luck and enjoy - keep us posted on where you find one along with pricing.

Mark

sengli

I know when we started looking at landmarks. There were a lot fewer dealers that carried them, I think due to the price. They arent as easy to move, for the dealers due to their price point. Accordingly they dont have as many of them on the lots either. They are out there, but not as many place as the other lines.

"Hi-Viz" Bill

This is slightly off subject, but ....

When we decided to buy our very 1st EVER RV to travel after retirement, we had no clue about the RV lifestyle. We shopped the Tampa show in 2016, and were overwhelmed, to say the least. We live in MI, 20 mi from Elkhart, and ended up at the dealer near us. We looked at several different brands & models. We had no idea there was a "luxury class" line of RVs at all, regardless of manufacturer. When we walked into the 2016 LANDMARK 365 Newport on the lot, we knew instantly, we had found "the one"!!

We absolutely love, and are the VERY PROUD owners of that LANDMARK 365 Newport, and are spending our 4th, 5 month long winter in Arizona in it. In the last 3-1/2 yrs, and over 27,500 mi of travel w/ it, sometimes we feel like we're the only LANDMARK "out there". I can count on one hand, the number of LANDMARKS we've seen "on the road" in that time. So, if anyone thinks that the LANDMARK dealers are "few & far between", just try spotting a LANDMARK on the road. :eek:

We attend a lot of HOC rallies, which is the only place we seem to see other LANDMARKS!! Just seems like they're "ghosts on the road"!! ... In June '17, when we pulled thru the gate at the Nat'l Rally in Goshen, we were astonished, looking across the field to see "Landmark Row"!! I said, "OMG, there ARE other Landmarks "out there".

This year, at Goshen, the +- 45 LANDMARKS in attendance there were like a "Nirvana" experience!! LOL :eek: :eek:

We wouldn't trade our LANDMARK 365 Newport for anything !!

BarbandFrank

We purchased our Landmark at RV’s for Less in Knoxville, TN. We got a good deal and were very happy with the sales and PDI process. Once we took possession of our rig we spent two days/nights living in the rig on their lot going over all the systems and inspecting everything. Then, they paid for us to spend two additional nights at River Plantation RV Park to continue using the systems and making sure everything worked properly. Also very satisfied with the service provided under warranty at RV’s for Less. Ask for Butch - he will take care of you.

Frank

ILH

You think you have difficulty finding Landmarks!? I live in Ontario - where Heartland dealers are few and far between - and even fewer who carry Landmarks. My wife and I refused to order a trailer without first seeing it firsthand. In fact, we liked one of the floor plans on the web, but when we finally got to see one in person, we were surprised by the bedroom dimensions (which seemed bigger on the web).

Initially we traveled to Michigan, then to the Hershey RV show. At least in Hershey we saw the top floor plans. We placed our order in September - and the Newport came in last week. We're heading to the dealer in January to do the inspection and paperwork.

Now...if I can just sell my current rig! ;)

Oldelevatorman

This is slightly off subject, but ....

When we decided to buy our very 1st EVER RV to travel after retirement, we had no clue about the RV lifestyle. We shopped the Tampa show in 2016, and were overwhelmed, to say the least. We live in MI, 20 mi from Elkhart, and ended up at the dealer near us. We looked at several different brands & models. We had no idea there was a "luxury class" line of RVs at all, regardless of manufacturer. When we walked into the 2016 LANDMARK 365 Newport on the lot, we knew instantly, we had found "the one"!!

We absolutely love, and are the VERY PROUD owners of that LANDMARK 365 Newport, and are spending our 4th, 5 month long winter in Arizona in it. In the last 3-1/2 yrs, and over 27,500 mi of travel w/ it, sometimes we feel like we're the only LANDMARK "out there". I can count on one hand, the number of LANDMARKS we've seen "on the road" in that time. So, if anyone thinks that the LANDMARK dealers are "few & far between", just try spotting a LANDMARK on the road. :eek:

We attend a lot of HOC rallies, which is the only place we seem to see other LANDMARKS!! Just seems like they're "ghosts on the road"!! ... In June '17, when we pulled thru the gate at the Nat'l Rally in Goshen, we were astonished, looking across the field to see "Landmark Row"!! I said, "OMG, there ARE other Landmarks "out there".

This year, at Goshen, the +- 45 LANDMARKS in attendance there were like a "Nirvana" experience!! LOL :eek: :eek:

We wouldn't trade our LANDMARK 365 Newport for anything !!

We’re in Tucson at Voyager Resort in a covered site with our ‘17 LM Newport. There are 5 Landmarks here right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Georgia_Biker

We purchased our Landmark at RV’s for Less in Knoxville, TN. We got a good deal and were very happy with the sales and PDI process. Once we took possession of our rig we spent two days/nights living in the rig on their lot going over all the systems and inspecting everything. Then, they paid for us to spend two additional nights at River Plantation RV Park to continue using the systems and making sure everything worked properly. Also very satisfied with the service provided under warranty at RV’s for Less. Ask for Butch - he will take care of you.

Frank
Hey Frank-

Thanks for the feedback. We live just outside Atlanta in Covington. I have seen RV's for Less going through Knoxville. One of our favorite camp sites is Anchor Down just above Pigeon Forge. It is by far one of the best campgrounds ever the only problem is it is almost impossible to get a reservation.

As I start my investigating I'll give Butch a call and talk with him and see what they have to say.

One question - did you buy one off the lot or did you order yours? We have a 2016 Big Horn FB3875 which has basically the same floor plan as the Newport - bath & half. I have done a lot of upgrades even after I ordered it so now I can't live without most of them.

Safe travels.

Larry

BarbandFrank

Hey Frank-

Thanks for the feedback. We live just outside Atlanta in Covington. I have seen RV's for Less going through Knoxville. One of our favorite camp sites is Anchor Down just above Pigeon Forge. It is by far one of the best campgrounds ever the only problem is it is almost impossible to get a reservation.

As I start my investigating I'll give Butch a call and talk with him and see what they have to say.

One question - did you buy one off the lot or did you order yours? We have a 2016 Big Horn FB3875 which has basically the same floor plan as the Newport - bath & half. I have done a lot of upgrades even after I ordered it so now I can't live without most of them.

Safe travels.

Larry

Larry,

We have been to Anchor Down and think it’s one of the best RV resorts we have experienced in the area. We love the Smoky Mountains and each year we try to spend some time there.

In terms of buying a rig ... we had been looking online for a specific floor plan - the Landmark Key West - and found it on RV’s For Less website. Coincidentally, we were scheduled to attend a Rally near Knoxville and RV’s for Less had about six rigs on display at the rally, including the one we saw online. We spent a lot of time with Butch learning about Landmarks and ultimately we purchased the Key West. RV’s for Less sells two brands of fifth wheels - Heartland Landmarks and Mobile Suites DRV’s. At this time of year they don’t keep a lot of inventory on their lot - but soon after the beginning of the year, they start adding new models. Call Butch if you are interested in potentially ordering a new unit - I know he would be happy to assist. RV’s for Less is a family owned and operated business - and as a result we received personalized service, both before and after the sale.

Good luck in your search for a new Landmark - we love ours.

Frank

CDN

B and B
Hello,

We purchased our Landmark from the only dealer in Ontario. We looked at several models and floorpans at the National Rally in 2017. We wanted a shorter Landmark and the time we spend, close to 90%, is in Provincial Parks in the forest. We opted to downsize from our Bighorn to a Landmark Louisville. A 4 trailers we have purchased from Eric at a Morry's we were looked after very well. The closed dealers to us is General RV in MI or Wilkens in NY. For service buying local is important to us, we spend time in Ontario. We have a rather large Heartland dealer in Guelph now as well as one in Cambridge. Seems the FR hold is loosening.

The higher end trailer discussion. Many other dealers, Ceder Creek for example, have no stock on the lot either. Same goes for Columbus dealers. Unless they can sell them they do not order them. The only trailer that would be comparable to the Landmark is the Riverstone, no dealers at all up here.

Brian

ILH

Hello,

We purchased our Landmark from the only dealer in Ontario. We looked at several models and floorpans at the National Rally in 2017. We wanted a shorter Landmark and the time we spend, close to 90%, is in Provincial Parks in the forest. We opted to downsize from our Bighorn to a Landmark Louisville. A 4 trailers we have purchased from Eric at a Morry's we were looked after very well. The closed dealers to us is General RV in MI or Wilkens in NY. For service buying local is important to us, we spend time in Ontario. We have a rather large Heartland dealer in Guelph now as well as one in Cambridge. Seems the FR hold is loosening.

The higher end trailer discussion. Many other dealers, Ceder Creek for example, have no stock on the lot either. Same goes for Columbus dealers. Unless they can sell them they do not order them. The only trailer that would be comparable to the Landmark is the Riverstone, no dealers at all up here.

Brian

Hi Brian,

We wanted to buy from Morry's, but up to this point he hasn't participated in RV shows in Ontario - and as a result, he hasn't offered RV show specials. The show specials in Hershey were too good to pass up. Furthermore, since he's a good 3+ hours away, we thought it was likely that we were going to seeking out local repair with factory authorization anyway (and that's assuming we're in Ontario anyway).

southernlady5464

RVsForLess in Knoxville seems to have shifted away from Landmarks. They have ONE 2019 Louisville on the web site. They seem to carry mostly DRV’s and have added a destination trailer in the Landmark’s place. But it does seem you can still order thru them.

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
I'm a loyal Heartlander and was glad to see a recent Dodge commercial with a Dodge truck hauling a Landmark!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sengli

Tiara rv is only 5 miles from the factory here in elkhart indiana. They carry quite a few of the landmarks at a discount all the time. When we were shopping , we wnt there and looked at them all before we decided to buy.

TrailCreek

We are thinking about selling our 2017 Newport. Very low miles, washer, drier, dishwasher, Salun tires, king bed, slide toppers, two heat pumps, one standard AC (three total) and the usual high end specifications. Always plugged in and kept dry. Also includes a wifi ranger and dish network satellite dish and receiver. Can anyone suggest a price range?
513397c50a5ebbfa3f918ef544a54a69.jpg
3a1b0a411c2115aba506831eaf1bb78f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GregP

The best way to determine a possible asking price for your unit is to do a little research to see what similar units are selling for (or what other sellers are ASKING...not necessarily the same thing). Your unit might fetch a better price in one geographic locale than in another. Even though you have a great unit with many add-ons and luxury extras; this may not translate to a higher sale price if the prospective buyer doesn't really see the benefit of the add-ons. In the end, you should know what YOU want and what YOUR bottom line is. Also, how urgently do you need to sell? If you can afford to wait for your price, you might get a better price than if you are in a "must sell" situation. Good luck.