Where have you found leaks?

BobbyandGenee

Ok I will let you know. Furious had a post earlier with a recommendation I will go look at.

BTW to everyone, the front panel broke loose on our 5 hour trip to Lassen. We are sitting here looking at the roof peeling back again! Already called the dealer. We will have to bandaid her to get her home, then she will have to go in for major surgery right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greggshere

Well that really sucks about the front panel. I took a ladder this morning and looked at mine and everything seems very secure and sealed down. Maybe they made a change in the process prior to mine being built or so far I have just been lucky with it.

Furious10

Ok I will let you know. Furious had a post earlier with a recommendation I will go look at.

BTW to everyone, the front panel broke loose on our 5 hour trip to Lassen. We are sitting here looking at the roof peeling back again! Already called the dealer. We will have to bandaid her to get her home, then she will have to go in for major surgery right away.

Wow! Bad bad. The dealership needs to figure this out so you don't have to keep doing this. SMH.

BobbyandGenee

Well we knew the last fix was done in a hurry to get us back on the road. We were all aware that the front panel has insufficient support. Going 65 into a 40 mph head wind just made it loose again. They will need to fix Heartlands mistake, so they have to tear it all apart to get a good feel on it will take to fix. Really heart wrenching

Furious10

Well we knew the last fix was done in a hurry to get us back on the road. We were all aware that the front panel has insufficient support. Going 65 into a 40 mph head wind just made it loose again. They will need to fix Heartlands mistake, so they have to tear it all apart to get a good feel on it will take to fix. Really heart wrenching

I'm sorry for your problems. This is so unnecessary. They need to get things fixed. Have you (personally) contacted Heartland about this? I think they need some sort of recall or service bulletin...at the very least, check all units. Terrible! Deconstructing trailers can cause more problems...we know...we have done it several times.

We have a lot of screw heads that were torqued off on the front window, and we have been waiting since March for replacement screws...ridiculous! Also, one of our wall lights has about half of the LEDs out...this has also been on "order" since March. Again...ridiculous! Most of the screws, inside and out, have been installed at an angle instead of straight...on everything.

Does Heartland have quality control problems? Where is a Heartland rep to help? I really like this trailer but not sure I would recommend it or other Heartland products. Yes, I know in the scheme of things the Terry is not super expensive, but the stuff that is wrong should have been done correctly the first time.

BobbyandGenee

I have reached out to Heartland people multiple times with the only response being from a service rep who is in the loop about the front panel. My wife agrees with you. When we get back I am going to start making calls and leaving lots of messages until I talk to someone. We love our RV, and are being pro active in helping everyone get stuff fixed just like you. But I feel like Heartland really is just leaving us out in the cold to fend for ourselves. If any of them were smart they would follow these treads and get their customer service on board!

Furious10

I have reached out to Heartland people multiple times with the only response being from a service rep who is in the loop about the front panel. My wife agrees with you. When we get back I am going to start making calls and leaving lots of messages until I talk to someone. We love our RV, and are being pro active in helping everyone get stuff fixed just like you. But I feel like Heartland really is just leaving us out in the cold to fend for ourselves. If any of them were smart they would follow these treads and get their customer service on board!

I appreciate you being proactive and trying, as we are.
We really feel that our dealership has let us down...stuff not ordered, things not fixed, don't know the problem...etc.
I agree that the director of the Terry Division needs to follow these boards. It can be a big seller for them if they get things straightened out and we can help them do that. They, IMO, need to know the problems and see it as constructive criticism.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The two dealerships we bought both of our brand new Heartland's from where great to buy the trailer from and promised exceptional service.

But when the time came for warranty service both dealers let us down horribly. :mad:

BobbyandGenee

Obviously I feel for you that your dealerships are letting you down. At least we all have a forum to share and learn from each other.

I have yet to get any return calls or emails from Heartland, except for one service guy who genuinely cared and even followed up with me to get the dealer contact info to make sure he saw the service contract paperwork.

As you can see in my photo, our 4 hour drive took a toll on the roof. It looked even worse when I took it in today. My attempt at a duct tape bandaid was useless. They got it right in to begin evaluation. They think they will have to dismantle the front of the rv now to fix the roof because it has separated from the plywood. (Like a ballon) They told me they plan to try and pull the front panel out enough to see what the framing is inside to figure out how to get it supported enough to stop this problem.

On a side note, the photos I posted last week of the rear panel separations.....they are going to try and deal with that also. I was assured that we would get back an RV that still looks new, no patchwork repairs.

SeeGrins has a lot on the line also because we have a big event Memorial Day Weekend and then our Heartland Rally the end of September. They want our unit to show well because that can translate to sales for them since I hand out business cards when people ask about it.

c883a46484d9f3cb9bc8b87e8b44f8b6.jpg

Furious10

Good luck...wish you the best.
A coincidence...the service/repair/parts guy just called my husband today and said he "hasn't forgotten" us. I'm glad since it's only been 5 months. :p:rolleyes:

BobbyandGenee

Hopefully a year from now we look back on all this as no big deal. After all, we still own one of the first 266. What if they decide not to make anymore? Then our rigs will be like the Holiday House, unique for years to come!

Greggshere

Well yesterday I ordered a 50' roll of Alumibond (Eternabond) tape and a 50' roll of white Eternabond tape, primer and a roller. I'm going to seal the antenna, bathroom vent and AC unit to make dang sure none of that ever leaks if I can help it. I got the Alumibond to seal the raingutters to the top, screw heads and seam where the gutter meets the top material. I sealed most of the screw heads on the drivers side and my little leak persists, although it seems less than before.

BobbyandGenee

I am going to pick up my rv today! The repairs are done and I am anxious to see how everything went. Then I will water test my rig also.

My old RV had a thin metal roof that was then sealed over. This rig is only OSB plywood with a glued on membrane. I am beginning to worry that something as simple as a branch falling could put a pin hole in the roof. I look forward to how your idea pans out.

Greggshere

Well I spent Saturday putting the Eternabond Aluminum tape over the side with the the leak. I rained pretty heavy last Thursday and it leaked pretty bad in that one spot, enough I needed to put a bowl under it. Saturday I Alumibonded the entire drivers side window moldings and wher it laps over the siding. From a distance it looks fine, up close it kind of looks like crap, but if it fixes the leak I'm fine with it. I also used the white Eternabond and sealed the front top molding and also lapped the roof down over the gutter covering all of those screws. That part looks real nice and hopefully makes it better. I'm not doing anything to the passenger side of the Terry until I see if everything I did sealed up the drivers side. With Irma coming possibly later this week I will know for sure, so we shall see. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Furious10

Good luck. Hopefully Irma will stay away from NC although I'm sure you all will get some rain. If it looks too bad and you want to "bug out", we can give you a place to park the trailer in Delaware. Hopefully, Irma will stay away from us.

Greggshere

Good luck. Hopefully Irma will stay away from NC although I'm sure you all will get some rain. If it looks too bad and you want to "bug out", we can give you a place to park the trailer in Delaware. Hopefully, Irma will stay away from us.

Thanks for the offer, hopefully I won't need to take you up on it. :cool: I was thinking it was this week, but I guess it's next week. Yes I'm thinking mainly just outer bands of rain, but it should test my leak fixes anyway.

Islanders

We just returned from our second trip, as my husband was washing our Terry he noticed that the top rear roof L metal had detached. Some flex in the siding at the rear left vertical L metal causing the seal to open.

Attachments

• Trailer top 3.jpg
    Trailer top 3.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Trailer top 4.jpg
    Trailer top 4.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 64