Where is the transfer switch?

avvidclif

On mine. On the Left side is a small compartment (Pic 467). It's behind the back wall of that compartment. In the first picture it shows my EMS mounted on top of the transfer switch. To give more operating room I removed all 3 walls.

Attachments

• IMG_0478 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0478 (Medium).JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0467 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0467 (Medium).JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0480 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0480 (Medium).JPG
    200 KB · Views: 102

PondSkum

On mine. On the Left side is a small compartment (Pic 467). It's behind the back wall of that compartment. In the first picture it shows my EMS mounted on top of the transfer switch. To give more operating room I removed all 3 walls.

Mine is in the exact same location as avvidclif's

kbbagshaw

Thanks Clif. We don’t have a smaller side compartment. Maybe under the stairs?

avvidclif

It will be very close to where the power comes into the RV. You didn't give a model #. What is it and maybe someone with that model can tell you.

If you are having problems you might try looking up the troubleshooting tips on this site. Under Tools, Heartland users guides HUG

kbbagshaw

It will be very close to where the power comes into the RV. You didn't give a model #. What is it and maybe someone with that model can tell you.

If you are having problems you might try looking up the troubleshooting tips on this site. Under Tools, Heartland users guides HUG

2015 3100

myla296

I can only answer this question about the location of the transfer switch since...I found mine today. It is accessible through the front storage by removing the middle panel (same one that the vacuum is on). Found it by following the big shore electrical in. BTW, I have a 2010 Road Warrior.

kbbagshaw

I can only answer this question about the location of the transfer switch since...I found mine today. It is accessible through the front storage by removing the middle panel (same one that the vacuum is on). Found it by following the big shore electrical in. BTW, I have a 2010 Road Warrior.

Same here, thanks everyone

I had to replace the Transfer switch in my Motor home and I decided to go with the Progressive Dynamics PD52V Transfer Switch. It has a lot of pros: ideal for 50-amp RV electrical systems, generator-priority design for better efficiency, Advanced time delay mechanism for improved safety,...