Where is the water heater and water pump?

danemayer

The water heater on a Bighorn would typically have a large, square exterior access panel, just to the rear of the basement passthrough storage compartment. The water pump is usually located behind the rear wall of the passthrough storage, close to the Universal Docking Center (UDC) where all the water connections are made.

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
We just purchased a 2015 Bighorn 3160EL. Can anyone tell us where the water heater and water pump are? Thank you

We have a 2016 3160 EL. It’s actually opposite of other Bighorns. Ours is right between the camper entry door and storage compartment door. My husband removes a section of the basement wall to get at the controls. We have a black grate that he removes to get access to the water heater from the outside. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wdk450

Turn on the water heater gas switch inside and go outside and listen for the loud burner noise.

After removing stuff and freeing the storage compartment walls, with city water turned off, have someone inside turn on the water pump switch and open a faucet. You should be able to crawl in the storage compartment and locate the water pump from the sound.

The water heater on a Bighorn would typically have a large, square exterior access panel, just to the rear of the basement passthrough storage compartment. The water pump is usually located behind the rear wall of the passthrough storage, close to the Universal Docking Center (UDC) where all the water connections are made.
Hi danemayer, Thank you for your answer! We've had great and f-a-s-t responses from these members. We will check those areas! Thanks again! Cliff and Sherry

We have a 2016 3160 EL. It’s actually opposite of other Bighorns. Ours is right between the camper entry door and storage compartment door. My husband removes a section of the basement wall to get at the controls. We have a black grate that he removes to get access to the water heater from the outside. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi KrazyKampers, Yes, it certainly does help! We will check those areas. Although we've only had this 3160 EL 3 weeks we are excited to get out on the road. We've watched many YouTube videos, but there is so much more to learn. We want to be prepared. This is a wonderful forum and we are glad to have found it. People are very generous and willing to help. Thank you for your help! Cliff and Sherry

Turn on the water heater gas switch inside and go outside and listen for the loud burner noise.

After removing stuff and freeing the storage compartment walls, with city water turned off, have someone inside turn on the water pump switch and open a faucet. You should be able to crawl in the storage compartment and locate the water pump from the sound.
Hello wdk450, Thank you for the ideas. It sounds like they will work. We'll try them. We appreciate all of the responses we have been getting! Cliff and Sherry