Where's my fresh water drain

Hello everyone.
My first time here, so please pardon any errors in posting in the wrong location as I learn how to navigate the forum. Hopefully I'm in the right spot.

We just purchased a 2011 bighorn 3070RL. As I begin to figure things out, I can't find a fresh water tank drain.....strange. The owners manual wasn't any help as to where to look. I also looked at a few threads here on the forum, and they said in front of the axle, behind the axle.....I just don't want to start cutting up the under belly looking for it.
Any help in locating it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

ram22

You don’t have to cut anything open, but you do have to get down on the ground.
0acb5caf63d7615166d3dd9b4784bba5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram22

Well, my Heartland is a North Trail so maybe a Bighorn owner will reply.

rjr6150

It’s possible the previous owner shortened the pipe and tucked it back up in the coroplast. Many have completed this mod to allow camping in freezing weather. Thereby minimizing the chances of the drain freezing.

My suggestion would be to check around the axels for a possible access point that has been sealed up.

LBR

Thanks all.
I found it!!
It was tucked up in a seam of the coroplast..... why? I have no idea.
Thanks again.
No doubt your question was answered in post #6 above. It has been covered many times to either totally insulate it or tuck it such as yours was.

ram22

I’m taking my North Trail camping at Yellowstone this weekend. I looked at my drain and the opening in the colorplast thinking about tucking it up in there. What’s the idea of keeping the drain from freezing? Just to prevent damage there? Or is it to be able to drain the potable water completely when camping in freezing temps? Should I only use City Water and not potable water from my tank in freezing weather? Lows in the teens.

danemayer

I’m taking my North Trail camping at Yellowstone this weekend. I looked at my drain and the opening in the colorplast thinking about tucking it up in there. What’s the idea of keeping the drain from freezing? Just to prevent damage there? Or is it to be able to drain the potable water completely when camping in freezing temps? Should I only use City Water and not potable water from my tank in freezing weather? Lows in the teens.

When the drain is hanging down, there's water between the coroplast and the drain valve that will freeze. The ice can wick up into the tee, blocking flow of water from tank to pump.