Which brake controler???

nscaler2

I will be taking delivery on a 2011 GMC Sierra 3500 HD CC LB this week. As you can see in our signature, we have a 3055RL. We had Mor/Ryde install hydraulic disc brakes and their IS suspension a couple of years ago. Anyway, the factory controller in the GMC will not see the hydraulic brakes and therefore will not work with them. The company that is installing my B&M hitch wants to install the Curt Discovery brake controller model 51120. I had not heard of Curt until this time. My research shows that the Tekonsha P3 model 90195 is a very good controller. Does anyone have any experiences withe the Curt product? These people did a fine job of installing my B&W in the Ford that I am trading and I want to use them again for the new B&W, just don't know anything about the Curt. Thanks in advance. :cool::cool:

jnbhobe

If it was me I would use the Tekonsha P3 or The Carlisle controler that goes with your hydralic brake controler for your disc brakes.

porthole

Retired
Or the Prodigy :)

The Prodigy is a Tekonsha now.

I used the Prodigy P2 in my GMC with the Mor/Rude hydraulic disc brakes. Worked great and the controller is made to handle electric over hydraulic systems.