Whisper Quiet A/C Heat Pump

SLO

Has anyone got the heat pump on the new Whisper Quiet system? Or is the heat pump even available with the Whisper Quiet A/C.

jimtoo

Re: Whisper Quiet A/C Heap Pump

Hi SLO,

If your working with a dealer you might ask them about it. The Heartland RVs brochure says "Heat Pump Options (ask dealer for details)". Or you might call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032 and ask for the Bighorn folks to answer your question.

Jim M

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Yes...we have the Whisper Quiet system and added heat pumps to both units.

SLO

Yes...we have the Whisper Quiet system and added heat pumps to both units.

Thanks for the reply. I guess it is the same units on the Bighorn as on the Landmark. I have heard just doing the heat pump in the Living A/C is all you need. Do you feel like both are needed?

kakampers

After having both I would think if you were not in extreme weather one would be sufficient....don't use the front that often.

Bohemian

From what I see on the Heartland site and searching the web. "Whisper Quiet" is a Heartland name for the AC ducting system, not an AC unit or a heat pump unit.

sengli

Our local dealer, advised us not to buy the heat pump option. He said that the foam duct runs in the ceiling, wouldnt stand up to the amount of heat ducted out of the units on the roof. Sounded as if this could have been true, so we didnt buy them.

kakampers

We have had no issues in two years with the ductwork and we use the heat pump extensively.

porthole

Retired
Our local dealer, advised us not to buy the heat pump option. He said that the foam duct runs in the ceiling, wouldnt stand up to the amount of heat ducted out of the units on the roof. Sounded as if this could have been true, so we didnt buy them.

Good grief, another genius at work.

Has anyone tried heat strips lately? We have them because at the time of our order the Dometic plant supplying AC units had a fire and were out of production.
Our dealer installed heat strips for us. $105 dollars for each unit and they work in any temp, unlike heat pumps.

The only issue I have with them is that I cannot find a digital t-stat that will work with the strips

Last edited: