Who decides when, where to go and stay?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Seems to me that if a couple didn't do a joint plan then one could go one way and the other another???????????:confused:

Couldn't resist the jab. We work together in all aspects of planning. And, Reta, who is a hard copy kind of person, does all the navigational printouts and reservations.
After she takes the driving course at the FL rally we may have to switch roles? :cool:

Dick

Does that mean you'll be making the biscuits and gravy:eek:?

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
My wife decides and tells me where I want to go, I usually agree (happy wife happy life)

Manzan

Most of it seems to be up to me--but if we are winging it, DW picks campground and places to eat. We both drive pulling the trailer but I do most of it. Except after brunch. She drives while I take a nap. Trailer Life Campground Navigator and Streets and Trips/GPS are the guides we use most. Also have an Atlas and just bought a GPS so we can choose what ever works out best. Often have a destination in mind but no set way to get there.

Joy & Jeff

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
Most our trips are planned around his fishing tournament schedule or rallys so that takes care of itself. I make the reservations and plan the route. While I have driven, he does most of the driving while I navigate.

Joy

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We make plains together for the most part. We show our dogs so all dog shows are my decision but he goes the way he wants to and I don't care as long as we get there. I do check out where we are going to park the trailer cause some times we have to park at a campground and sometimes we can park at the show grounds.I do not navigate i have found that Kenny and Gertrude(AKA GPS) they do just fine without me..LOL!!

jimmar

I've noticed that quite a few of the wives are still working and the husbands are retired. What's with that? I think the women's lib movement did us ladies more harm than good. :confused: Our situation is similar, DH is retired and I am still working so we travel according to my vacation schedule. We both discuss where we would like to go and for how long in each place but I do the research on the campgrounds and sites to see in the area. I do all the route planning and campground reservations and always make advanced reservations. We never stay less than 2 nights at each place, sometimes longer if there is a lot to see in the area. RVparkreviews has been very helpful in picking campgrounds.

We usually discuss it together. My husband decides on the route he wants to take and then I get online and use our good sams trip planner to look for places to stay along the route.

southernlady5464

I've noticed that quite a few of the wives are still working and the husbands are retired. What's with that? I think the women's lib movement did us ladies more harm than good. :confused: Our situation is similar, DH is retired and I am still working so we travel according to my vacation schedule. We both discuss where we would like to go and for how long in each place but I do the research on the campgrounds and sites to see in the area. I do all the route planning and campground reservations and always make advanced reservations. We never stay less than 2 nights at each place, sometimes longer if there is a lot to see in the area. RVparkreviews has been very helpful in picking campgrounds.
A lot if that is difference in ages. In most couples the husband is usually older than the wife and reaches retirement first.

i know that’s not always true, many of us wives are cougars.