WiFi booster

Bullpaul

The wifi signal in the park im staying in is very weak. Does anyone know of a usb booster that will improve my signal?

busted2341

My only experience with a booster is for helping with another computer. In other words the signal won't change but the distribution to each computer or device helps. In other words both my devices worked about the same speed with a plug in booster where as before I bought the booster one computer was just slower then the other device, the phone I was using as well...Not sure I explained it well but I saw it as a waste of time and money!

Brazos

I have an older version of the Alpha that Bohemian gives a link to. I used it for several years before going with Verizon cell internet. Alpha is an excellent USB booster. I used it with a flat panel antenna from time to time for long range hot spots. Once in Idaho I picked up a motel across a lake several miles away. Most of the time I used a longer version of the short antenna that came with it. With the proper adapters and usb cables you can adapt many different antennas to it.
Most folks complaints anymore is that so many parks have weak overloaded WiFi and not much helps with the signal. I know of a park in AZ a rather large one that went against repeater tower numbers and locations recommended by the experts and as a result has lousy WiFi. But it is free. If a parks WiFi is overloaded not much is going to help is what I have observed.