Wilderness 2175 RB TV & Mount Recommendation

SailorDon

I'm adding stuff to my new 2014 Wilderness 2175 RB. My RV has gotta have a TV!

The space for the entertainment center looks like this:

The plug in socket for the TV antenna or cable looks like this:

I'm new to RV's and asking for help in selecting the biggest TV that can fit in there, plus appropriate RV mount so that the TV can be removed from inside and used outside on occassion.
It's important that the LCD TV have HDMI input and output. Perhaps that goes without saying on today's TV's.

What features do I need to look for above and beyond the basic home LCD flat screen TV?

Also interesting to note that on page 64 of my owner's manual, they provide detailed instructions for crank up and crank down and antenna rotation. It appears as if my TV antenna is fixed with no adjustment possible.

Sumo

I when out and purchased the largest T.V. I could fit in the desired location, that the wife would approve, 42 inch. She said the 60 inch would cover-up too much of the back window.

danemayer

I'd measure a 32" TV at Walmart to find the exact height and width. My back of the envelope math says it might just barely fit into your space.

SailorDon

I'd measure a 32" TV at Walmart to find the exact height and width. My back of the envelope math says it might just barely fit into your space.

I did what you recommended. I still have to bolt it down.

It is a 32" LG LED TV. I hope it is up to the bumps and bounces of travel trailer life. :)

So far, so good, but I haven't left my backyard.

danemayer

Jensen sells mounts that let you easily remove the TV from the wall mount, but I'm not sure how large a TV they'll accept.

SailorDon

BigJim45,

Looks like over 2,000 TV mounts in that link. I didn't find any catagory for RV TV mounts.
Do you have a TV mount in your 2013 Prowler?

I almost bought a Prowler, but for $1,000 more, I went with the Wilderness.
I think the Prowler had a little bit more room and was a bit lighter, but I sacrificed those for other features.

Sumo

For my last 5th wheel I pick up a wall bracket from Costco and installed it. Worked great.
In the new 5th wheel the T.V is bolted to the cabinet. Been that way for over a year, no problems.

SailorDon

For my last 5th wheel I pick up a wall bracket from Costco and installed it. Worked great.

Are you saying that if I buy a generic TV wall bracket from Costco, my TV won't fall on the floor when I'm traveling the interstate?

I'm going to do more research.