Wilderness RV Mattress

jmarnell

Does anyone have experience or purchased from Wilderness RV Mattress? We're looking to upgrade the mattress in our Cyclone, and the Montana Hybrid RV Mattress from them looks very interesting. Comes rolled in a box, but has 6 inches of pocketed coils so it's not all foam. Both of us like a firmer mattress, and Wilderness RV Mattress custom makes them to size and your selected firmness. I've found a few positive reviews, but wondering if anyone on the Forum has any input. Thanks!

Fox

Because no one has directly answered your question I will throw in my two cents worth:

For several years I served as a "standardized patient" - first as a (retired) volunteer, then eventually paid for my time/ service. I did it to be helpful, not make a $.
Anyways, many schools, colleges (and hospitals) have now switched to using memory foam mattresses - and while laying there I came to appreciate their comfort.

When it came time to replace our primary coil mattress (4 years ago) I looked to Consumer Reports - and they recommend several memory foam mattresses.
At that time they gave the nod to the Casper brand - and as it was about 1/4 - 1/3rd the cost of the nearest high rated coil mattress I gave it a shot. We're both still happy with it.

So my thoughts are: memory foam is cheaper, lighter, easier to clean and just as comfy; plus it'll have a compressed/flexible advantage when trying to move it into an RV.
We've not even yet rotated or flipped our Casper mattress, its memory obviously holds its shape better than our former expensive coil mattress.

YMMV.

mlpeloquin

You will have to measure the mattress to make sure of the size. We have had Select Comfort at the S&B and a Comfort Air in the now traded in Big Horn. In the new to us SOB (some other brand), it came with a Denver mattress. Wow! It makes me wish I did not replace our Select Comfort with a new one. Check the size and prices. It is a Euro Top.

jmarnell

You will have to measure the mattress to make sure of the size. We have had Select Comfort at the S&B and a Comfort Air in the now traded in Big Horn. In the new to us SOB (some other brand), it came with a Denver mattress. Wow! It makes me wish I did not replace our Select Comfort with a new one. Check the size and prices. It is a Euro Top.

Thanks! Our king mattress is the short version, 72 x 75 rather than the standard 72 x 80. So that's one reason we're looking at specific RV mattresses rather than others through a regular mattress store. Even though it has inner springs, the Wilderness RV mattress does come compressed in a box which I found intriguing. But we'll check out the others that have been suggested!

jaktwo

We bought the Wilderness for our Oakmont. So far so good. That being said, anything would be an improvement over what they come with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookoo

We bought the Wilderness mattress right before our snowbird season south. Finally after years of fighting memory foam losing their memory and sleeping in what feels like a "Canoe", our firm mattress has been the best I've ever slept on. Never slept on my back but now I have that opportunity and it's improved how I feel waking up in the morning. We will be replacing our mattress back home when we return in May. I highly advise one.

jmarnell

We bought the Wilderness mattress right before our snowbird season south. Finally after years of fighting memory foam losing their memory and sleeping in what feels like a "Canoe", our firm mattress has been the best I've ever slept on. Never slept on my back but now I have that opportunity and it's improved how I feel waking up in the morning. We will be replacing our mattress back home when we return in May. I highly advise one.

Thanks very much! I've been impressed with what I have read but it's great to hear from people who actually have one.

beheler1

I'm traveling from Georgia to Kentucky this week and wondering if there is any place I could pick up a wilderness mattress on the way? I am needing a queen size firm, any help would be appreciated.

jmarnell

I'm traveling from Georgia to Kentucky this week and wondering if there is any place I could pick up a wilderness mattress on the way? I am needing a queen size firm, any help would be appreciated.

I believe Wilderness RV mattresses are only sold online.

beheler1

I believe Wilderness RV mattresses are only sold online.

Thank you for your response, I called the factory and they are made to order. I just bought this Mallard camper 2021 and have slept in it seven times and now the mattress has a permanent body indention, and I only weigh 190 pounds. So ! will order one today...

jmarnell

Thank you for your response, I called the factory and they are made to order. I just bought this Mallard camper 2021 and have slept in it seven times and now the mattress has a permanent body indention, and I only weigh 190 pounds. So ! will order one today...

I think you will be very happy with it. We bought the Montana Hybrid in the firm version, and we love it!

Staybeeek

How do you think if it has any sence to buy a sofa mattress for my RV? I mean, I think, it could be really useful to roll it uf if I need it. But at the same time I have some troubles with my back and as I know such mattresses are pretty soft and thin, so they may make worth to my back.

Last edited by a moderator:

hut

Old thread, I know.... But I wanted to give a plug for Wilderness. We bought a firm king and absolutely love it. We full time, so we’ll see how long it lasts. Right now we’re happy, happy, happy!

jmarnell

If there’s no sizing chart, how am I supposed to tell which mattress to get?

Just measure your existing mattress and then order that size. Wilderness RV makes a wide variety of sizes, and can also custom build to fit your need if you call them.