Windows in my 2016 Elkridge 40FLFS won't open

Kylesusan

Hey y'all!
Hoping someone can help....I've been trying to open my windows in my 2016 Elkridge and they seem to be jammed (I did get a couple of them open but only after forcing them up)....I've tried backing the screws out of the interior and exterior frames, I've used the window silicone to lubricate the side tracks and checking to see if there was anything locking them down in the frame (for travel) but can't seem to see anything (of course my eyes aren't what they used to be and I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place). These are the smaller windows that slide up and down and have the "cat ear" tabs that you push toward each other to slide the window up. Some of my windows do work fine but some I cannot get to open. My two larger windows in the front living area that slide sideways are a bit tough to open but they do open...... TIA for any help y'all can provide!!!

wdk450

On a 6 year old rig I would guess that they all worked at one time. I am wondering if some sort of sealant, or exterior paint treatment was used on your rig over the years. You may have to consult with an RV service professional.

Kylesusan

The couple who owned it before me never opened the windows.....there's no paint or sealant (used phone camera to zoom in).....I don't want to have to haul it to a service place (it's 40+ ft)......hoping someone can give me an idea so I'm not forcing the windows open (I'm worried I may tear something up.....this thing was pristine when I bought it......couple barely used it, they bought it new and camped 2X's in it......it was kept in a nice big storage on their ranch....that place was the Taj Mahal of storage buildings, I'm tellin' ya!

Kylesusan

I'm aware, but not where mine's located....and I've seen some of the prices for the calls....just hoping there's an easy fix that I won't need a repair person

david-steph2018

Do the tabs move easily? A couple of our windows were like that when we got our unit. Wife had to push down a little while I pushed the tabs in to get the window freed up. Then after we got the windows opened, we lubed the window track with candle wax. Clean the tracks first to make sure there is no dust, debris in the tracks.

Kylesusan

Do the tabs move easily? A couple of our windows were like that when we got our unit. Wife had to push down a little while I pushed the tabs in to get the window freed up. Then after we got the windows opened, we lubed the window track with candle wax. Clean the tracks first to make sure there is no dust, debris in the tracks.
Tabs move easily.....all tracks are clean.....it's almost like there's a stop in the window frame keeping it from going up.....

Bogie

Just a thought. You might try using a thin putty knife and gently working it in between the seals and the window glass on the outside to make sure the seals aren't stuck to the glass. The seals do stick to my windows sometimes and make them hard to get open.

david-steph2018

Tabs move easily.....all tracks are clean.....it's almost like there's a stop in the window frame keeping it from going up.....
So, wondering if they are stuck together at the cross bar where the tabs are located? As suggested maybe a putty knife or a thin knife between the window joints. Our windows did not have a stop or screw in it any place.

Kylesusan

So, wondering if they are stuck together at the cross bar where the tabs are located? As suggested maybe a putty knife or a thin knife between the window joints. Our windows did not have a stop or screw in it any place.
They're not stuck at that spot as they raise past that point then stop.....it's so strange.....I've tried backing the screws out of the frames inside and out but not joy!....I think I'll try running a putty knife down the frame inside and out where it touches that window and see that seal is sticking.....could be since the couple we bought it from never opened the windows....thanks for the suggestions!

Kylesusan

Just a thought. You might try using a thin putty knife and gently working it in between the seals and the window glass on the outside to make sure the seals aren't stuck to the glass. The seals do stick to my windows sometimes and make them hard to get open.
Will definitely try this.....entirely possible as the people we bought it from never raised or opened the windows.....the seal on the emergency exit window was stuck when I first opened it so it's definitely possible....Thanks for the suggestion!