Winegard Connect

Dlhall

I bought a 2021 North Trail 21RBSS, and there is a switch by the door labeled Winegard Connect. I'm wondering exactly what this is. Is it TV, internet? Is it already connected and ready to use? I think it's the only thing my delivery guy did not cover.

09Busaman

According to my walk through, it powers what would be router connected to the antenna. I dont have a router yet and not sure if I want to do that or something else. Do you have a router installed?

Dlhall

No, no router. I'm very much stupid about this. From what I read, it's for wi-fi extended range and 4G cell service. To me, that means there has to be some sort of activation to make this work. Am I right?

09Busaman

I am still learning as well, we have the Winegard Air 360 antenna that was already mounted. In order to finish the system, we will need a Gateway (https://winegard.com/products/cellular/4g-lte-hotspots/gateway/gateway). The switch on the wall is part of the pre-wire system. You should have wire loom already connected to the dome antenna somewhere inside your coach. I would like to be able to tell you where it is, but I have been unable to find mine.
I think my plan is to go another route from Mobilemusthaves.com. It will be a little more expensive, but the reviews are much better than the Winegard system.

beelerd

On
I am still learning as well, we have the Winegard Air 360 antenna that was already mounted. In order to finish the system, we will need a Gateway (https://winegard.com/products/cellular/4g-lte-hotspots/gateway/gateway). The switch on the wall is part of the pre-wire system. You should have wire loom already connected to the dome antenna somewhere inside your coach. I would like to be able to tell you where it is, but I have been unable to find mine.
I think my plan is to go another route from Mobilemusthaves.com. It will be a little more expensive, but the reviews are much better than the Winegard system

beelerd

One thing to note on the winegard air 360. I have a cyclone 4007 and bought the gateway to add cellular data and create a WiFi hotspot. Here’s the problem: Heartland only put on the Air 360, not the Air 360 Plus. You cannot add the gateway without the main unit on the roof being the “plus”. So what we have is a really great HD tv antennae. I’m going to take it off and install the Air360 plus soon so I can use my new gateway.

I sure would have appreciated it if Heartland would have spent a few extra $$ to put the right unit on the roof in the first place. Especially considering the Cyclone is supposed to be their top of the line toy hauler. :( 👎

Sowie

If it’s the winegard connect 2.0 it is a combination WiFi range extender from campground service and also if you pay for a data subscription a cellular data receiver. Everything is built into it and it transmits the signal to your WiFi devices like in your home. You would need to pick either winegards data plan, Verizon or At&t. They will give you a SIM card that you need to install in the unit up on the roof. After that it’s just download their app and u can control everything from there. You do need to be in an existing WiFi range to do the initial setup. At&t plan is what we use and works good. I like it because no extra cords or antenna to mess with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk