Winter related ?s

Flooringit

Well I'm in my rv for the winter. It's inatkansas so not super cold like Wyoming was lol. I have some plans to try to keep the heat in. i was wondering about these things.
are ac covers worth the money? Will they help enough ?
I plan on using inhalation board on the roofs of the slide outs and the sides. Anyone have any experience ?
I plan on putting foam board on the ceiling in the garage.
I plan on taking all the ceiling vents out stuffing with insulation to help hold heat in.
foam board in the ceiling vents.
I have to repair the coroplast from a mishap and plan on using some insulation board on it. My 4000 has yeti package but I'm trying to keep cold out
I will also get some carpet cut out for the living room to help with the cold floor any other ideas ?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Flooringit,
We are fulltimers semi stationary in central/west Texas, so we see some colder temps in the winter. We also take our rig skiing, so we head where it's freezing. These are our experiences:

To be honest your efforts on the ceiling may not be worth it. I would worry more about skirting the rv rather than adding something to the roof. Your weakest areas will be where cold air comes in underneath, around slideout seals, and through single pane windows.

As Dan mentioned, protecting the water system is far more critical than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk