Winter Storage and a few other questions.

The land that I have to store my Bighorn 3385 RL for the winter is not level. My door side is about a foot higher than the other side. Will this cause any problems with the suspension or other parts of the RV?

Should the trailer be stored with the rear jacks down, I am not sure if they will get stuck with snow and ice when we leave Alberta for Arizona in December.

Our manual talks about a twelve volt outlet in the unit, we can't find it.

Our manual talks about an antenna booster in the breaker box but we can't locate it.

We are having some difficulty flushing the black tank. We run our back tank flush, hose out our toilet with a garden hose but often are left with residue. Any suggestions?????

This is our first posting. I really enjoy the information and appreciate the forum.

TedandCarol
Leduc, Alberta. Canada
2005 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, airbagged
2010 Bighorn 3385RL

TedandCarol

imchud

The land that I have to store my Bighorn 3385 RL for the winter is not level. My door side is about a foot higher than the other side. Will this cause any problems with the suspension or other parts of the RV?

Should the trailer be stored with the rear jacks down, I am not sure if they will get stuck with snow and ice when we leave Alberta for Arizona in December.

Our manual talks about an antenna booster in the breaker box but we can't locate it.

We are having some difficulty flushing the black tank. We run our back tank flush, hose out our toilet with a garden hose but often are left with residue. Any suggestions?????

This is our first posting. I really enjoy the information and appreciate the forum.

Ted and Carol
Leduc, Alberta. Canada
2005 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, airbagged
2010 Bighorn 3385RL

Ted and Carol

The land that I have to store my Bighorn 3385 RL for the winter is not level. My door side is about a foot higher than the other side. Will this cause any problems with the suspension or other parts of the RV? I really don't think it would hurt anything, but personally I would build a small ramp. You can use the step method, start with a 2X10X8/ft then about 6 inches back from the 1st edge use a 2x10x71/2/ft and so on... you will need 4 to 5 boards to build the steps....

Should the trailer be stored with the rear jacks down, I am not sure if they will get stuck with snow and ice when we leave Alberta for Arizona in December. No need to store it with the jacks down, unless your planning to use it while stored...

Good luck in trying to find one in the 3385, thats the same modle we have and there is none?

Our manual talks about an antenna booster in the breaker box but we can't locate it. The TV booster in the 3385 is located where you would plug in the cable for the cable in the bedroom, its a little red push button that when pushed it will light up telling you its on...

We are having some difficulty flushing the black tank. We run our back tank flush, hose out our toilet with a garden hose but often are left with residue. Any suggestions????? Try using dawn or spic & span and leave about 5 gallons of water in the tank when you travel, then next time you hook up open up the black tank valve and that should wash out anything left in the tank...

This is our first posting. I really enjoy the information and appreciate the forum. Welcome... This is a great fourm, you will learn alot, just look around and ask alot of questions, the people on this site are very open and honest, enjoy...

Tommy

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Ted and Carol,

Since your questions have been answered by a Forum Member I moved your post to Big Horn - General Discussions Area. Also other members might add some other ideas to the thread.

Bill1374

If you intend to run the fridge while there, you will need to level the trailer. It's also a lot easier to load the trailer while its close to level.

As far as draining, make certain you use plenty of water when flushing the toilet. when you empty the black tank the volume of water will help to move the solids out of the tank and tend to prevent deposits.

Bill