Winterization or not?

ShaneT

Hey guys and gals. I’m very new to Rv life. This is my first. I live in it while I’m working in Kansas. Apparently next week it will drop down into the mid 20’s at night and then warm up to around 50 to 60 during the day. I will be headed home for the week and leaving the camper in Kansas. Do you guys have any recommendations on what I need to do as far as winterizing. Do I need to worry with it? I’m going to leave power hooked up and heat set at 60. Planning on disconnecting the water hose. Any other things I’m missing? Do I need to drain the water heater?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Make sure your propane tanks are full. The furnace may run a lot, even at 60, if the cold lasts longer than just overnight. If you’re leaving the power on, the water heater should maintain its temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

If your planning on using it all winter, may want to consider skirting sound the whole base and under the hitch area. this will help reduce the furnace running some. In addition to what John said above, may also want to consider a large propane tank from local place as the 30#'ers won't last long if it gets really cold.

sengli

At a minimum, I might take the time to use compressed air and blow out your water lines. Takes only about 10psi of air pressure. Maybe even put some antifreeze in the P-traps of each drain. If it gets that cold at night, you might be surprised how much propane you might go thru. If your power goes out, while you are gone your in a world of hurt otherwise.