Winterizing a Heartland Sundance 293RL TT

Tanya

I just purchased a 2021 Heartland Sundance 293. Living in Texas and now we are going to get a freeze in 24 hours . Help. ??Where is the water heater and can someone send me a picture of it ? Also is it easier to only drain out the lines and no antifreeze.? I am a new camper. Help please.

danemayer

Sorry, can't help with the water heater location. But even if you drain the water lines, and the fresh tank, you'll still need to protect the traps with antifreeze. Also, the toilet, water pump, faucets, shower, and outside shower may retain some water. See our Winterization Guide.

Alaska907

I just purchased a 2021 Heartland Sundance 293. Living in Texas and now we are going to get a freeze in 24 hours . Help. ??Where is the water heater and can someone send me a picture of it ? Also is it easier to only drain out the lines and no antifreeze.? I am a new camper. Help please.
I’m here in Corpus Cristi, Are you living in the unit now.? If so the heater in the unit will protect your indoor plumbing. The heat ducts keep the under carriage warm. My wife and I spent 4 days traveling through Alaska and the Yukon in October with day time temps in the low 30’s and night as low as the high teens low 20’s and no problems. The pex Water lines (which you have) will not split like pvc piping. You will be fine without winterizing. I’m living in my unit now. Enjoy the storm!

david-steph2018

Where you at in Texas? We are at a park in the Hill Country right now.

Alaska907

I’m here in Corpus Cristi, Are you living in the unit now.? If so the heater in the unit will protect your indoor plumbing. The heat ducts keep the under carriage warm. My wife and I spent 4 days traveling through Alaska and the Yukon in October with day time temps in the low 30’s and night as low as the high teens low 20’s and no problems. The pex Water lines (which you have) will not split like pvc piping. You will be fine without winterizing. I’m living in my unit now. Enjoy the storm!

david-steph2018

How cold is it supposed to get there? Here in the Hill country tonight it could be around 25. So, saying that tonight I will:
disconnect the water supply from the faucet
drain the water hoses
store the filters/softener inside
make sure the drain hose is empty and does not freeze
make sure the propane bottles are full

set the furnace at a comfortable setting about 62 degrees for overnight

Alaska907

You’ll be fine, I’ve had it freeze to the point of having no water in a past rv and when it warmed up the next day I had water by noon with no leaks. It would need to deep freeze for a couple of days before any damage. I rv’d in Alaska for many years.