Wipe seal installation do it yourselfer.

Routemaster

Roller4tan. No flapper on my coach. Lifted the base board of the bed off today and all I could see is the floor, slide out motor, cables.
I have checked the box and it is not a parallelogram. I did the diagonal measurements and are within the specs.
What's next? maybe the frame drops at the roller how does one get to pull them if needed, thinking Shims?
And to think all wanted to do was change out the torn wipes and hope I could get rid of the drafts at the same time!!

Last edited:

carl.swoyer

I just replaced mine.
I used a large standard screw driver to open the lower track then pulled the Olde out. I the pushed the new into the track used a drive extension to close the track.
I did have to press it in while using a damp rag to press and slide the length.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Routemaster

I am told that there should be 5/8 inch either side of the box and I do not. I still need to have the frame camber pulled back down into specs and hopefully that will bring slide out frame back into specs.

Routemaster

As a practice I jacked up the bed slide there was a gap of 7/16" between the roller and floor base, either the king studs or the header and sill are out.
Doing this lift does make the wipes better and takes the opposing corners away from the studs. What to do? I am hoping when I get the frame brought back into spec's it will fix this problem as well.

Attachments

• Wipe looks better.JPG
    Wipe looks better.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 10
  • .4 Gap jacked up.JPG
    .4 Gap jacked up.JPG
    414.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Brings it closer to plumb.JPG
    Brings it closer to plumb.JPG
    328.1 KB · Views: 10