Wiper Seal replacement

rcjar

I am in need of some advice on wiper seal and bulb seal replacement. I have a 2016 Heartland Oakmont, 325RE, and need to replace the wiper seals and bulb seal on the driver side slideouts, top outside only. I have requested from Heartland Parts and received some pictures of different wiper seals which include non cable driven and cable driven seals. Since mine is hydraulic, there is only 3 options to choose from. It is very difficult to tell from the pictures but looks like mine matches the 2" blade seal. Has anyone out there done this? Is it a do-it-yourself type project? After looking closer at mine from the outside, it also appears to be attached by another strip or something, but without completely ripping it off, I'm not sure. Any and all advice is more than welcome! Thanks

Ron Jardot

Last edited:

wdk450

I have replaced the bulb and wiper seals on my older Bighorn myself. Check out You Tube for DIY videos. I found the lowest price for the AP brand seals on Walmart.com. Free shipping, as I remember. Held on by screws (square head the standard on RV 's) and double stick adhesive. I used a lot of Goo Gone adhesive remover and rubbing alcohol in the surface prep before putting on the new seals. Cut the new seal to length against the old, removed seal.

Measure yours against these listings to get the right ones. On the wiper seal, longer is usually OK: https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=rv slide seals

rcjar

Thanks for the response Bill, I checked out the Walmart website you gave me, but don't see the exact one I need for the Oakmont. I will definately check out the YouTube videos, they are always a big help!

Ron Jardot