WONDERING of WANDERING

Good afternoon everyone.
I have been thinking of traveling the Lewis and Clark Trail.
Has anyone traeled the trail pulling their fifth wheel?
If so, did you just follow the roadside markers, or did you have a guide book? I would start at St. Louis,MO, which is only 35 miles from where we live.
I just read a short blog about traveling the Lewis and Clark Trail in an rv. The folks that wrote hte blog, took the Oregon trail west, took 3 weeks, then took the Lewis and Clark Trail back, also took 3 weeks. My kind of travel, NO RUSH.
From the Pacific to St. louis.
Also, how about the Oregon Trail, the Sante Fe Trail?
I think any of these trails would be one heck of an adventure.
Maybe in a year or two. Want to learn about traveling the trail first.
But of course gottaaaaaa due Route 66 from Chicago to the Pacific.
Any ideas, thoughts will be appreciated.
Bill
2013 Landmark Mesa 40;
We found this beauty last Oct. and we LOVE it.
We were at the rally in Goshen in June, had a blast. Made new friends and losts of memories. Heading to the IL rally in a little over a week.
And already made our reservations for the MO rally next May.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
That really sounds like a fun trip. Especially since it starts near where you live.

The Iowa chapter rally is the first weekend in October if your looking to get out and meet more heartlanders this fall!

Good morning Silverado23. Thanks for the invite. We would consider going to the Iowa rally in Oct. but we are attending my newphews wedding in GA at that time. Maybe next year.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Bill, you won't want to miss one of David's rallies during the Octoberfest time in Iowa, great times!

Gary521

If you have not read the book: Undaunted Courage, I suggest you do so. It is the best book about Lewis and Clark that I have read. Yes, we have traveled a lot of the Lewis and Clark trail. Stop in Bismarck, ND and travel up to the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center. There is a replica of Ft Mandan close to the original site on the Missouri.

Just north of Las Vegas, NM is Ft Union. Next to the fort you can still see ruts from the Santa Fe trail.