"YETI" Cold Weather Specifications

dstringer

I have a 2018 Big Horn Traveler 32RS. I have been trying to determine exactly what the "YETI" package includes (ex: tank heater pad physical size, elbow heater pads, fresh water line pads, extra insulation locations etc).
If anyone has has access to this information or has made this upgrade I would appreciate any and all ideas and advice. Thanks in advance...

danemayer

Hi dstringer,

Generally, the Yeti pkg starts with Heating pads on each holding tank, all controlled by a single switch. My recollection is they are something like 18x24, but that could vary based on tank size. Heat tape is typically only in the underbelly section of the fresh water feed line coming out of the fresh tank.

There are no pads or tape on elbows or gate valves.

On Landmark, Bighorn and Big Country, I believe they add radiant heat barrier in front and rear caps and slide floors. But Traveler may be built in a different production building, so there could be differences.

In terms of upgrades, it is not an aftermarket option - factory Install only.

esscobra

in my 2017 bighorn ther is a 6 x 18 pad on the water tank and the water line has foam insulation and a heater wire run in side it with water line

SLO

4dcb565658d1202ec2a6decd6b11e3db.jpg

Here’s a picture of the heating pad on one of my grey water tanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sengli

danemayer, is it still true that you need to be careful on the tank heaters, to have about 1/3 of the tank full before you turn on the heaters or you can melt the tanks? Our big horn had the yeti package, and honestly we never found an instant where it was needed. Even when cold, as anytime campers it was an idea that never panned out for us.

danemayer

danemayer, is it still true that you need to be careful on the tank heaters, to have about 1/3 of the tank full before you turn on the heaters or you can melt the tanks? Our big horn had the yeti package, and honestly we never found an instant where it was needed. Even when cold, as anytime campers it was an idea that never panned out for us.

My experience with burning holes in Gray #1 was back in 2011/2012. And both gray tanks were empty for an extended time with the heating pads ON. For whatever reason, only Gray #1 suffered.

I note that tanks normally have some sag, so even when seemingly fully drained, there may be some water in the sagging area. If the heating pad is in that same location, there may be enough water to dissipate the heat and prevent damage.

It's also possible that the pad design has changed over the past 10 years, although I've visited the Annod Industries website now and then and never saw any indication of a redesign.