Yuck. Water tastes bad!

Dennist

atving and camping...
Also when you run the bleach out of the fresh tank, simply put some lemon juice in with the fresh water to neutralize the bleach... couple of oz's works. If you over do it, you simply have built in lemon water.

Paul & Nan

We are starting season two with an 09 BH and we still have the plasticy water taste, a real bummer with the ice maker. We have used chlorine to flush/sit in pipes, baking soda to clean out chlorine, still had it last weekend. It is plain nasty, the first time ever had this and I have had to many to count Rv's. We also have a whole house filter on the water line and were on pump all weekend. Had the same problem after we got the rig in Sept/Oct when on city water. Yes, we know well to use proper hoses. Nan

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sometimes the sun will heat up the white drinking water hose and give the water a 'rubbery' taste. A water filter will help some but sometimes (if it is not too bad) you may have to live with it and use bottled water to drink and make coffee with.

PUG

Pug
I had gone through all the vinegar, chorine, etc etc and had a white hose. I went to camping world and bought a new white hose. Guess what the water is fine now.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I had gone through all the vinegar, chorine, etc etc and had a white hose. I went to camping world and bought a new white hose. Guess what the water is fine now.

When you're disinfecting your water system, don't forget to do your supply hoses, too. After sitting over the winter, the stuff that comes out ain't pretty.

The bad taste might be from that water drinking hose since it is new but it could also be for other reasons, maybe you need to sterilize your tanks and flush the hoses some more? I've read this article about reasons why your water tastes bad you could read about it here. Basically from what I read the bad taste might also be coming from mineral rich water or commonly called as hard water, high concentrations of minerals in the water might be the cause of that bad taste and if that's the case a water softener might be needed to fix that.

danemayer

The bad taste might be from that water drinking hose since it is new but it could also be for other reasons, maybe you need to sterilize your tanks and flush the hoses some more? I've read this article about reasons why your water tastes bad you could read about it here. Basically from what I read the bad taste might also be coming from mineral rich water or commonly called as hard water, high concentrations of minerals in the water might be the cause of that bad taste and if that's the case a water softener might be needed to fix that.

You're replying to a post from 2009.

carl.swoyer

Wouldn't it be great if after a couple of years the old post would auto delete.
I know I too have responded to old post.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Wouldn't it be great if after a couple of years the old post would auto delete.
I know I too have responded to old post.

Carl - we wouldn't want to lose all the forum history by having old posts deleted, but we used to have a system that would auto-close threads after 1 year of no new posts. Sadly, that process is now broken. We have plans to move to a new platform where maybe we'll get some new features as well.

carl.swoyer

Carl - we wouldn't want to lose all the forum history by having old posts deleted, but we used to have a system that would auto-close threads after 1 year of no new posts. Sadly, that process is now broken. We have plans to move to a new platform where maybe we'll get some new features as well.
Jim I think that's what I was thinking of lol.

tallen126

So my question is how do you get the bleach or tank cleaner into the fresh water tank with an Anderson valve? Not being able to pour it directly or via funnel how does one get it through the hose and into the tank? I would appreciate any help.

danemayer

So my question is how do you get the bleach or tank cleaner into the fresh water tank with an Anderson valve? Not being able to pour it directly or via funnel how does one get it through the hose and into the tank? I would appreciate any help.
Put the bleach into the water hose before connecting it to the water spigot. The water from the spigot will push the bleach into the tank.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Getting solutions from a container through an Anderson valve might be possible if you rig a venturi system to the water line. You can find a venturi device on Amazon for under $20. A little McGuyvering may be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk