zero setting the controls

DickO

Just picked up our 2017 BH last week. Question is about the leveling system. When do I do the zero setting the controls all the videos and print talk about. When, why and how often. Did not have leveling system on our 2010 BH. Thanks in advance.

danemayer

Hi DickO,

You don't need to use the zero calibration unless there's a problem where the AUTO button results in the coach not being level. Keep in mind that if the campground is not reasonably level, you can have challenges getting the coach level with wheels on the ground. The calibration procedure stores the current info from the leveling sensors and on future operation of the AUTO button, uses that data to determine when the coach is level.

If you need to calibrate, you first level the coach using the manual mode, using a level to determine when the coach is actually level. It's helpful to use a level that's at least several feet long to get a more accurate reading. I would suggest setting it on the floor aligned front to rear midships and then align cross-wise to check side-to-side. It's also a good idea to find a level surface so you don't have any unusual leveling challenges.

happykraut

For a level coach, definitely follow Dan's advice. I have also heard of some woman wanting a perfectly level cooktop. If that it your case, put the level on top of the stove.

MCTalley

Another tip, and one we found out from a Level-Up engineer at the 2015 national rally - if you find that you are always a little nose down after leveling, do the following:

1. Let the coach auto level.
2. Manually raise the front about 0.2 degrees (use the front button on the Level-up keypad and watch the LCD display).
3. Shut off the controller.
4. Re-calibrate.

The next time, you should be pretty much level. We were told that the controller more or less will consider things level if within +/- 0.2 degrees. Since the front always lowers first, then comes up from a nose-down attitude during the leveling process (at least for us), it will often stop at 0.2 degrees nose down and say it is level.