2018 Prowler Lynx 32LX Furnace

Eddie Mac

Hello all. I just recently purchased a 2018 Prowler Lynx 32LX. there is a furnace installed but is does not operate. I'm thinking maybe it was an option the original owner did not opt for as it does not look like there is any ducting connected to the furnace. is this possible? And if so can anyone tell me how difficult it would be to get it operational.
Thank you!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
First a couple basic questions.
Are your LP tanks full?
Are they turned on?
Thermostat turned to a high temp?
Does anything happen when you call for heat?

Peace
Dave

Bogie

There should be ducting from all floor registers to the heater. When the thermostat calls for heat, the furnace fan should start and the furnace should light about 15 seconds after the fan starts if the furnace is working properly. Don't know if you have a Suburban or Atwood. Look in the Tools section of this forum for documents pertaining to either.

david-steph2018

Eddie Mac, how many AC units do you have on the rig? If 2 AC units, only 1 thermostat controls the furnace. On our rig, it is the bedroom AC unit.

Eddie Mac

There should be ducting from all floor registers to the heater. When the thermostat calls for heat, the furnace fan should start and the furnace should light about 15 seconds after the fan starts if the furnace is working properly. Don't know if you have a Suburban or Atwood. Look in the Tools section of this forum for documents pertaining to either.
Eddie Mac, how many AC units do you have on the rig? If 2 AC units, only 1 thermostat controls the furnace. On our rig, it is the bedroom AC unit.
there are 2 units, one in the bunk room and one up front. There is only one thermostat.

wdk450

Do you hear an audible "click" from the ceiling main (kitchen) air conditioner when you set the thermostat to provide heating? This "click" is the furnace control relay in the Air Conditioning control board sending an "activate" control signal to the furnace.

Eddie Mac

there are 2 units, one in the bunk room and one up front. There is only one thermostat.

Do you hear an audible "click" from the ceiling main (kitchen) air conditioner when you set the thermostat to provide heating? This "click" is the furnace control relay in the Air Conditioning control board sending an "activate" control signal to the furnace.
I honestly do not remember hearing a click noise but the next time I go to the camper I will try it out. I closed it up for the winter season but I will be going back up to the campsite where it is. hopefully soon. but when I am able I will update. Thank you very much for your reply.

Bogie

Looking at many examples of Lynx 32LX including the 2017 Heartland Brochure, I wasn't able to find any reference or example of an option for a second heater. Perhaps the previous owner added a second heater. If that's the case, how it's wired (thermostat) is anyone's guess. May require tracing out wiring to find out what was done.