Black tank fall

Ptann

I recently purchased a 2016 gateway 3700ptb. I am relatively new to fifth-wheels, and did not notice the bulge in the coroplast before I bought it. When I got the camper home I noticed one of the black tanks were full, tried to drain it, would not fully empty. That's when I noticed the bulge. I cut the Coroplast, and found the front black tank hanging from electrical wires and plumbing. I was able to use a jack to get the tank high enough to drain, I removed the floating piece of angle iron, put the tank back in place, re installed the floating angle. I was able to move the bar up and in about 3/4". I am assuming this is a manufacturers defect, the floating angle was not installed tight enough.

I guess my question is, should I do more to secure the tank? Should I secure the other tanks?
What is the best way to repair the coroplast, I hacked it up pretty bad, and the tank had punched through in one place, not to mention the holes from the busted out screws.

thanks in advance for your help
ptann

danemayer

Hi ptann,

Sorry to hear about your tank problem. You may be able to purchase coroplast locally from a nearby dealer. You could also order it from Heartland, but the shipping cost could increase the price over local pricing.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Did you take photos?

You might be able to get some replacement parts under warranty.

jbeletti

ptann - sorry to hear about this. Are you the original purchaser of this unit? If so, as John mentioned, this is likely a warranty item and while you've done the repair, you might be able to get some coroplast from Heartland as a warranty item.

My current favorite tape to make repairs to the underbelly (coroplast) is Scrim Tape (Amazon.com link.
scrim_tape.jpg

In terms of old, unused screw holes, I suggest using some black silicone rubber. It will match and it will be sealed.

Carleen

Yikes!! $53 for tape..??
I have a cut hole in the coroplast as well from a valve repair. I didn't get the valve replaced, so I still need to access the hole until that is done (I just can't wait to swim in grey water, so I am putting it off). That tape is what was used on the coroplast before I bought it. The stuff works! I have tried everything under the sun to repair it and nothing has worked like the tape. I am also trying to come up with a hinged coroplast access hole for this particular valve because it has been such a problem. I will let you all know if I come up with something.

stesmi52

I was able to buy the tape from a local RV repair guy "by the foot ". Didn't have to buy the whole roll, and have a little left over for future touch ups.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bobby A

How bought Girella Tape ?? its black and is suppose to be good stuf and probably a little bit more affordable.