Flex Armor roof cost

NYSUPstater

Just wondering if $8200.00 sounds about right for this type of roof redo? 41' 5er. 3 day job at their shop or affiliate.

cipwood

WOW, be sure to get a kiss with that.
I did a DYI similar life time coating on my 39' American Eagle using Rexoseal for about $600. Took me about two days and the end result is amazing.

clayhud

I paid $6,850.00 in December 2020 for a 40 ft 5er.........billed 38 feet of roof for a 40 foot 5er. With inflation and GA vs. NY pricing I would say that's an accurate price.

NYSUPstater

I've got 2 places according to their website to go to and each is approx 5-6 hr drive 1 way. 1 place I'd have to pay tolls, the other no. LOL. Coach was built in '17 as a '18 model so going on 7 years old if you will. Yes we look at new RV's but then come back to ours and say, it's not too bad after all. Knock on wood (tapping my head), we really haven't had any issues with it since we 1syt got it tho what we did have, HL took care of and have been pretty happy ever since. Downside to our coach is when our kids (24,32 yo) and grandson stay, we run out of room rather quickly. BUT we do ask ourselves "Who really is the RV for? Them or us?". Point is, she's doing well and think we will keep her and looking for ways to make her last for many years to come as retirement isn't too far away.

Last edited:

oldelmer1

The shop in York PA also has a shop in Newark Delaware, no sales tax, might save you some money there.

NYSUPstater

Good morning ! So have an app't made for July in York, PA. Yes DE could save a cple bucks, but York is a straight shot down 81 for me. After I spoke w/ the young lady from Double Dueces, she said since my 1st quote prices went up some and if I pay over the phone w/a credit card it's a cple bucks more!. Will see tho if they will accept a direct payment from my bank to theirs to save some $$. I could too pay w/ a check, but that would just add to extra time before I could pick the RV up (wait for check to clear). So gonna drop off/p/u on Sat cuz can't do it during the week.

If I recall right tho, new quote w/ everything is like 8600 +/-. I was driving so couldn't write things down. Course this didn't incl anything additional like rotted plywood and what not. BUT in the end, am looking forward to having it done.

Now if I may ask to those that have had it done, does it seal up better along the gutters than factory roof does? Reason I ask this, is because the orig sealant went south few yrs ago and I redid it, but saw where that too is going to have to be done again ------- so hoping that the new roof coating will take care of it.

On a side note and separate from the roof, found a place in CT that installs the Vroom Slide system (replace the Schwinteks). Only place in the east so far. Funny/sad part is they want basically the total cost of the job as down payment per slide!!!! They say due to having to order parts from AZ takes time, so really wouldn't be looking at job either til Sept or next spring due to timing of things on my end. Would be great if parts came sooner and able to get done between Labor Day/Columbus Day w/e. As things progress here, will find out how lang this jobs takes. Like w/ the roof, drop off and p/u will be done Sat- Sat.

DW and I are thinking that seeing that we will be keeping the 'ol gal for awhile, get things done to it to help make it last for many years to come.

Thank you to all for your replies and input. Will keep ya all updated.

david-steph2018

Yes, the roof seals better. We had our roof done in November, after Thanksgiving, in Ft. Myers. The job is supposed to take about 3 days, but they miscalculated the amount of chemicals on hand, and it took a week. We ran roof job thru our insurance and since I keep very good maintenance, Progressive covered the total cost of the job.
The heavy rain noise is also less, cooling seems to be better, but we have only been in about 90 deg. temps so far with it.

One thing I would suggest, is to get the edges painted to color match the sides of the rig. We did the light tan base color, and it looks great. We also had the shower skylight covered with the roof material, it eliminated bedroom/bathroom, sunlight coming in, but now we don't need to worry about replacing the skylight if it was damaged for some reason.

CoveredWagon

Yes, the roof seals better. We had our roof done in November, after Thanksgiving, in Ft. Myers. The job is supposed to take about 3 days, but they miscalculated the amount of chemicals on hand, and it took a week. We ran roof job thru our insurance and since I keep very good maintenance, Progressive covered the total cost of the job.
The heavy rain noise is also less, cooling seems to be better, but we have only been in about 90 deg. temps so far with it.

One thing I would suggest, is to get the edges painted to color match the sides of the rig. We did the light tan base color, and it looks great. We also had the shower skylight covered with the roof material, it eliminated bedroom/bathroom, sunlight coming in, but now we don't need to worry about replacing the skylight if it was damaged for some reason.
I agree 100 get the color match edges. A few more bucks, but it looks oh so good 😊.

NYSUPstater

The orig roof is a tan color and not 100% white, so I should be ok there. Will chat w/ DD again and check with them just to make sure we are on same page.

Hmmmmm, never gave the skylight a thought. Will mention to the wife and see what she thinks. With the 3560SS there are only 3 windows for the whole bedroom (1 on curbside and both sides of the bed). If we did cover the skylight, it def would make it a whole lot darker in there BUT DO like the idea of making it cooler. Update to follow on this idea.

That is good to know oldelmer1 as don't want water to get into sidewalls and cause delamination. That alone is music to my ears!!!